Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ticket for no front plate in California

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 01:15 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Chuck W., calling Police Officers parasites is way too harsh. Some officers deserve an appropriate name (not parasite) due to their inflexability and attitude during traffic stops, but the thing to keep in mind is they cannot give you a ticket for nothing, you have to have violated some kind of law or you walk with a warning.
You might consider being polite and honest when getting pulled over, it goes a lot further than giving the officer attitude.

Tour18, you may want to watch what you say about LEO's, you may just need one to save your bacon one day...................................

ZP44......ex LEO
Old 02-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK. I should not have posted something like that. The easiest thing to do would be delete it, but that would be pretty chicken s..t.

Not that it was in any way proper, but I didn't say Police Officers, Sherrifs, Marshals, FBI, CIA, NSA, etc. on purpose. So, I'll just kick myself it the *** for any of you I offended. It's a lot easier to say I'm totally wrong than ignore this...

Tony
Old 02-28-2006, 03:18 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

My wife doesn't like plates, apparently. A year after getting her new Cayenne S the plates still were not on, but I put the rear plate on (which she complained about). Didn't put the front on at the time because there wasn't enough room in the garage. Now I'm waiting for her to get a no front plate ticket and then yell at me - it was probably safer from tickets having no plates!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Though it is unfair to paint with a broad brush (re: the parasites comment) there is much evidence highlighting the growing aggression and militarization (especially with so many new SWAT teams and their increasing use in routine law enforcement actions) of the police that there does need to be some serious discussion and possibly "reining-in" of the LEO community. Post 9-11, every punk that wants a badge and a gun seems to be able to get one, and the leadership of these organizations is doing a poor job of controlling things. As a combat arms military officer, I would like to remind civilian LEOs that their job is to "protect and serve" (i.e. reduce aggression and difuse situations) and it is my job to use overwhelming force to kill people and break things. Seeing more and more cops in full combat gear, and seeing traffic stops being done with multiple officers and hands on weapons is not comforting. "Homeland Security" has often become the mantra under which the good professional and competent law enforcement officers of the past who handled things with the least amount of force possible (even at their own risk sometimes) have been pushed aside in favor of aggressive people who want to use the power of the badge to intimidate people. We can't let it go on unchecked.

I invite everyone to look at some of the info on a blog (www.theagitator.com) I enjoy where there are lots of stories of overly aggresive and violent use of force by LEOs when the situations did not call for it. I especially like the one where they were busting up a card game that some dentist hosted at his house, and the guy was outside, cooperating with the lead investigator, and the SWAT guys (WHY were they even there????) "accidentally" killed the guy. For playing low stakes cards with his friends.... real nice.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:16 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Whoa Avenger6.........sounds like you don't like civilian LEO's.........by the way, where did you get your information, off the completely reliable and truthful internet? or even more reliable blogs????

And exactly where the hell did you find the information to support this completely outrageous claim!
Your exact quote "Post 9-11, every punk that wants a badge and a gun seems to be able to get one, and the leadership of these organizations is doing a poor job of controlling things."

Maybe you should stick to being a soldier boy and adhereing to the UCMJ and leave the civilian world to punks with guns & badges and the people who controll things poorly. Either that or speak about things you actually have first hand knowlege of so you don't look like a dumbass.

Unfreakin' believable!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

ZombiePorsche44 .. Someday, somewhere I want to buy you a beer and shake your hand. For now...I want to read about 993's and put this posting to bed.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44

Whoa Avenger6.........sounds like you don't like civilian LEO's.........by the way, where did you get your information, off the completely reliable and truthful internet? or even more reliable blogs????

And exactly where the hell did you find the information to support this completely outrageous claim!
Your exact quote "Post 9-11, every punk that wants a badge and a gun seems to be able to get one, and the leadership of these organizations is doing a poor job of controlling things."

Maybe you should stick to being a soldier boy and adhereing to the UCMJ and leave the civilian world to punks with guns & badges and the people who controll things poorly. Either that or speak about things you actually have first hand knowlege of so you don't look like a dumbass.

Unfreakin' believable!!!
AMEN!

I'm glad he thinks it is "unfair to paint with a broad brush"!!!!!! Last time I heard that kind of stuff, it was from someone who tried to become an LEO and was REJECTED!

Now back to our regular programing......
Old 03-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

ZP44, Bull, and Chuck W....Thank you for the kind insults and degrading comments. Truly stellar example of what Rennlist and the P-Car community are all about.

I initially spent about 15 minutes crafting a response to this ****, but decided you three jackasses are not worth bothering with. I posted a comment that you could have gotten a better insight on by looking at the ONE source I provided (you would have seen that these reports are verifiable and credible), or done your own research (assuming you have the ability to do that) and found out that there has been a huge upswing in aggressive law enforcement action in the last few years. Yes, plenty of good cops doing a good job out there, saving lives and doing all of the things they are supposed to be doing, but there are also FAR TOO MANY instances of American Police acting like the police in some of the places we spent a lot of lives defeating. We ignore it all and let it continue at our own peril.

I look forward to your further insults and ignorant comments.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Further, I would ask that if you want to insult my experiences, skills, or background, you ask me what it is before you pop off. I DO have 6+ years of law enforcement experience, have never been rejected from any goddamn thing, physical or mental, and stopped being a "soldier boy" a long ****ing time ago. I am a Soldier in the United States Army, serving my nation and damn proud of it. Next time you meet one of my Brothers in Arms, call him a "soldier boy" as a sign of the respect you have for him.

My most important oath is to "Support and Defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC," and I see a lot of LEOs doing a lot of **** that violates the constitutional protections that our nation is built upon. If we let it continue to occur unchallenged, our nation is no longer what it should be.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:50 AM
polver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, better to get a ticket for no front license plate then to get shot for following the order of a LEO in Chino, CA. Do your own google search to research the "facts".
Old 03-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Avenger6
I initially spent about 15 minutes crafting a response to this ****, but decided you three jackasses are not worth bothering with
Should have posted it....had to be better than what you just posted. Now, chill and lets get back to 993's
Old 03-01-2006, 01:48 AM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

We are at DefCon 3, yeaaaa baby, I earlier today caused DefCon 5 on the Ricer thread!!!

Think I will just watch this thread
Old 03-01-2006, 02:16 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck W. Nice ride. What would you sell it for if you were to sell it. I am thinkning about selling mine and need some input.

'97 993 Cab Tip Glacier White, 38M miles, clear side markers, Bird console, Becker CR-220 with iPod connection, Gemalla aero kit, Gemballa pedal set, Gemablla tips, silver wheel and hood crests, new top, 18" Anterra hollow spoke wheels
Old 03-01-2006, 05:44 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Raptor
Chuck W. Nice ride. What would you sell it for if you were to sell it. I am thinkning about selling mine and need some input.

'97 993 Cab Tip Glacier White, 38M miles, clear side markers, Bird console, Becker CR-220 with iPod connection, Gemalla aero kit, Gemballa pedal set, Gemablla tips, silver wheel and hood crests, new top, 18" Anterra hollow spoke wheels
I not sure what I could sell it for. First, it has a lot more miles than yours; 77500. I have hit the slippery slope and added some mods that I really like. The tip is a deterrent for some. I also did a color change to the interior from blue to black and mine has been repainted. Both these would lower the price of mine. A fair price for your, I believe, would be the mid 30's. But 993's are like horses,,,,they're worth what the buyer is willing to pay. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:48 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by polver
Hey, better to get a ticket for no front license plate then to get shot for following the order of a LEO in Chino, CA. Do your own google search to research the "facts".
I saw that too,,,,I can't imagine what the justification could have been. It will be interesting to see what the investigation reveals.

Quick Reply: Ticket for no front plate in California