Old 02-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Brave Heart
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheAir
That sucks.

Gotta love 1-license-plate states.
Jeff

I agree but where do you put the Valentine V1 Antenna if you haven't front plate ???
Old 02-15-2006, 12:02 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have my K40 mounting behind the mesh in the front grille.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:33 PM
ColoradoMark
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I got pulled over last fall while drving back from a DE for not having a front plate and not turning on my turn signal for long enough before changing lanes! I had my MPSC's on, so basically as soon as a even thought about changing lanes I was already there. He gave me a warning for the turn signal violation and a ticket for no front plate. It must of been a boring afternoon on I-25.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Terrance Seto
Instructor

A friend had to get his no front plate ticket signed off once. Some double sided sticky tape and cut off screws took care of that. Went home and pulled it right off.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:37 PM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Illinois requires the front plate too although I've yet to take it out of the trunk which is were it went the day it came in the mail. I'm lucky to have a %*#&! of a neighbor who has made this his personal issue to make sure I understand the law. Going so far as to talk to another neighbor who is in law enforcement about my unlawful behavior. I politely said thank you for the information. I'll take my chances.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

I still can't believe I haven't been pulled over in Maryland yet, as I've driven my 88 for 5 years and my 96 for 3 and never had a front plate on them.

Though, I love my plate and it wouldn't be SO bad if I HAD to put it on the front of my car. Guess I could sell my bumper plugs to some newbie who just bought a Polar Silver 993.

Steve R
Old 02-16-2006, 02:54 AM
shidinger
Rennlist Member

I've got the inventiva front plate mount (which is great), and still managed to get a ticket for no front license plate. I returned to the LAX parking lot after a day trip to Seattle only to find a ticket waiting for me. I'm not even sure how that happened. I, of course contested (still waiting to hear the results) and sent along a photo taken from my phone in the parking garage that night. Quite a racket they've got going.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:13 AM
Paulsha911
Racer

BTW, it all depends on the mood of the officier. I hear a story on the 996 board, that the officier MADE the driver screw on the plate while the officier watch. What a jerk!

Guess it pays not to **** them off in any way.

I also just ordered the cupholder and lic plate holder from uplift. I'll keep the lic plate and holder in the trunk, and screw it on if caught or ticketed.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Hank
Advanced

Where do you guys find the inventiva front plate mount?
Old 02-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Sooner
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

http://inventivaconcepts.com/fplk.html
Old 02-16-2006, 02:29 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

http://www.inventivaconcepts.com/fplk.html
Old 02-16-2006, 02:57 PM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

MD/DC/VA require a front plate but I haven't had one on the P-Car or my wife's BMW and luckily we've never run into an issue. It just looks ugly! Around here you're most likely to get a ticket for something like that when parked so we always carry the front tag and throw it up on the dash if parked and have never had a problem.

I would use the broken bracket idea but I have bumper plugs on the front of the p-car.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:03 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Both my 993 & C-230 are front plateless and will remain that way. I have never owned a Porsche with the front plate installed and ("knock on wood") I have never received a ticket for it.

About three weeks ago I was shooting at the SDPD pistol range and an officer came up to me in the parking lot and mentioned he saw no front plate on my car.
I explained that the primary engine oil cooler was mounted in the grill area and when the plate was installed it raised my engine temps by 30 deg and with a rebuild costing $14k or so it was cheaper to get a ticket than harming my engine.
He said if it was his car he'd do the same thing and walked off without writing me a ticket.

I sure hope the rest of the Dept. will do the same.........lol
Old 02-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Temple
Addict
Rennlist Member

I remember a few years back a group of us were on a fun run and at the end were having breakfast when 2 cops walked in. About 2-3 of the 14 or so 993s had front plates on. The officer said "I see most of you don't care for front plates" to which a bunch of us replied how they really mess up the car's appearance or something, but they were good-natured and just jokinig with us. No tickets issued.

That said, I've had two tickets issues for no front plate. One I could mail in, the other I had to show up and prove one was on (which was removed upon going home). Really more of a hassle than payment problem. No interest in putting one on. The occasional fine is far cheaper to me than the distraction from the car's beauty on a daily basis.

As for LAX -- in my experience airport parking lots are frequently used by local officers to check registration, etc. and issue tickets. Nothing worse than coming home to find a ticket on your windshield. Be wary.

Quick Reply: Ticket for no front plate in California