Sponsored by:

Seinfeld's Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seinfeld's Porsches

Does anybody have a definitive list of all of Seinfeld's cars?? Jerry, if you're out there, care to anonymously let us know what you've got in your garage(s)??? I've always wanted to know...
Old 02-12-2006, 06:30 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

At one point many, many years ago, there was a website where someone had taken pictures from their office window which was next to the airplane hangers where Jerry keeps/kept his cars. He had good pics of the cars driving in and out, and a few really cool pics of all the cars pulled out for I assume cleaning. One day the website was gone and I haven't seen any of the pics posted here or anywhere else. Needless to say, there are quite a number of cool cars. I won't even begin to try to recall them....
Old 02-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I remember that series of photos from "the office window overlooking Jerry's car storage hangers". As I recall, the photographer was a member of the 356 Registry at the time, you might check there.

I doubt he is likely to catalogue his treasures for anyone, let alone keep them all in one storage place!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:54 PM
John Perry
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I know is that he's got the first and last aircooled 911's... pretty nice bookends

Old 02-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Giantviper
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

WOw thats pritty cool the first and last 911. I know this is the wrong forum to say this on but the real question is does he have any of the original water pumpers like the 924, 944, and 928. Or possibly a 968 i don't care what anyone says those are real porshe's too and no collection is complete without one. Don't get me wrong i love 911s aned the other air cooled cars they are awsome but the water pumpers are cool too.

It would be un to know whihc ones he has, we all know he has a heck of a collection.

If your out there please post which ones you have Mr. Sienfeld, annonomouslly would be fine, i just want to know how complete the supposed most awsome porsche collection in the US is.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:11 AM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
Does anybody have a definitive list of all of Seinfeld's cars?? Jerry, if you're out there, care to anonymously let us know what you've got in your garage(s)??? I've always wanted to know...
Tell me brother, I have been trying to get him to show his face for a while!

Check out the thread I started:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...1&page=1&pp=20

When he first started comedy, he would have paid someone to watch his gig, now he has made it, silence!!!!!

Can't say I blame him but anyhow, were all Porsche brothers!!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:51 AM
CentralCoastC4S
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at the color of the 911 in the very back of the workshop in my thread on help in converting a European spec 3.8RS.....
Old 02-13-2006, 01:23 AM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CentralCoastC4S
Look at the color of the 911 in the very back of the workshop in my thread on help in converting a European spec 3.8RS.....

Car color is Black/Red wall color is white?????????
Old 02-13-2006, 03:02 PM
CentralCoastC4S
Instructor

The car against the back wall is blue. Recognize the blue? It's a European RS owned by a famous television star. BTW, the car in the air is a "TR" designation, used for hill climbs and some rally use as well. Really a nice car.
Attached Images  

Last edited by CentralCoastC4S; 02-13-2006 at 03:04 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 02-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Er, SO WHAT???????
Old 02-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Van1
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by rbennett
Tell me brother, I have been trying to get him to show his face for a while!

Check out the thread I started:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...1&page=1&pp=20

When he first started comedy, he would have paid someone to watch his gig, now he has made it, silence!!!!!

Can't say I blame him but anyhow, were all Porsche brothers!!
I can kind of blame him, there is no real reason why he can't share his collection with the rest of us through anyone of the car shows on Speed Channel or the other channels. I have much more respect for Jay Leno as a car enthusiast. He is more than willing to share his collection with the rest of us car enthusiasts. I have seen several shows featuring cars in his collection. I have seen shows where he is right in there with his mechanics at his shop rolling up his sleeves and working on the cars himself. I thank him for this.

The only in public footage I have seen of Jerry is some paparazzi video of him with an older 911 broken down on Melrose Ave. Jerry was just standing there looking in the engine bay like he didn't know what to do. I saw him live in Vegas a few years back and at the end of the show he took questions from the audience. Somebody asked him how many Porsches he had and he just kind of brushed off the question with some smart reply.

It would be nice if he would allow some sort of documentary be done on his collection.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:36 AM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

because it is so extensive, it would be cool if he would allow others to see his collection (hell, i let my friends who are interested drive my car), but i also respect his right to privacy. they are his cars and if he doesn't want to share them with others i can respect that too.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Schnell 911
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I have much more respect for Jay Leno as a car enthusiast. He is more than willing to share his collection with the rest of us car enthusiasts. I have seen several shows featuring cars in his collection. I have seen shows where he is right in there with his mechanics at his shop rolling up his sleeves and working on the cars himself. I thank him for this.
Jay is quite the gentleman in person. Very greetable where ever he is!Had an opportunity to speak with him last year at the Monterrey Historics. he really enjoys are Pcars!!! as well as 6 of his own.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:52 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

I think he said he had 53 Porsche last June. He is keeping his collection under control by only collecting cars of historical significance.

JoAnne

Old 02-14-2006, 03:13 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dgetz993
Jay is quite the gentleman in person. Very greetable where ever he is!Had an opportunity to speak with him last year at the Monterrey Historics. he really enjoys are Pcars!!! as well as 6 of his own.

6? Autoweek did a telephone interview with Jay Leno last year when he took delivery of his Ford GT, his Carrera GT, and his McLaren SLR all in the same week. Jay stated in that interview that the Carrera GT was his first Porsche. Has he bought more?

Quick Reply: Seinfeld's Porsches