Sponsored by:

Great news :jumper: :jumper: :jumper:

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 03:25 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great news :jumper: :jumper: :jumper:

Hope I am not tempting fate by typing this ....just talked with Taylor at AGS and will go pick up car later.....my SAI had minor clog but not bad, the issue was the manifold which had blown a corroded plug!!!! It is being replaced and he expects all to be fine ....I love this guy he is really great to work with .

Anyway the upshot is, great leakdowns all less than 3% loss on warm engine, SAI's will be clear.....so the CEL will be gone, and the valve guides will go a while longer yet!!!!

When days go like this I am so happy................NOTE TO ANDREAS....he did not get time to do the slave cylinder......so...... lets set up a date when we can spend some time together on our back, using a U-Haul full of patience, eat some doughnuts, drink some coffee and introduce me to your daughter!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:32 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Great news. I hope all goes well!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Glad you're gettin' her back, David!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:21 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK...collected car, SAI all clear, new manifold in place, all new belts, plugs, tranny lube etc etc etc...car feels great, Leakdown 98% on 5 of six other one is 97%....all valve guides dry excpet 5 which is v slightly wet but "should do another 20-40K without probs".....guess who is a happy camper.....so once I have paid for the service its on to PSS9's I think!!! Then a HP lesson then DE's here I come.......sorry to bore you all, I am just happy and relieved......
Old 02-10-2006, 11:56 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

David,
Very glad to hear that the service went well. I will let you know how the next few weeks shape up for me. I've got company in town until next Wednesday, so it will need to happen thereafter.

Do you have both the slave cylinder as well as the rubber line? If not, make sure to have both on hand before THE EVENT. I'm not sure what fluid you currently have, so we can either do a complete brake/clutch flush, or just top off as needed for the slave cylinder.

Doughnuts & coffee sound fantastic. Please don't let my wife know...

Andreas

Quick Reply: Great news :jumper: :jumper: :jumper: