Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rejex looks great - but NOT easy to remove!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 08:54 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rejex looks great - but NOT easy to remove!

I ordered a bottle of Rejex 6 days ago via the Rennlist Discount from X-Auto Products. Today I used it for the first time, and I was surprised how difficult it was to remove. It better last 6 months as advertized!

I followed the directions exactly - did the Dawn dish soap wash and dry twice yesterday, once this morning (to remove the old wax). Paint was dry and cool to the touch - in the shade, temperature around 68 degrees. I shook the bottle before applying, applied with clean applicator, let dry 20 minutes, and then tried removing it...

Let me explain how difficult to remove this stuff is: It would probably have been easier to remove a mixture of honey, tree sap, and superglue from my paint. It took 90 minutes to remove the indefatigable haze from my black paint!

Is it possible that I got a bad bottle or something? I have read so many good reviews on this product, I was totally shocked how difficult it was. Especially considering the "Removes Effortlessly" in the directions. My paint is in very good condition, I would say 8.5 on a scale of 10, so I'm at a loss.

How does it look? It looks damn good! But I have to type this one letter at a time, with my nose, because my fingers no longer work.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Last edited by pcar964; 02-06-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Sooner
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for this post. I just received my bottle in the mail. I will await input form others before proceding. I am thinking of using on my wheels only.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I no longer use it on my "older" cars. Way too hard to remove on the 356 and the 993. I do still use on in my truck, the Honda and the MINI. It is a great product to use on new cars!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, that is not my experience. I try to cover the paint with the litest coat possible. Buffs off easily. Last few times I applied it with my PorterCable DA polisher, worked very well.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I use it on my track car and find it comes off as easy as most waxes. It will be going on my Duramax toy hauler shortly. I did not have your experience.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:15 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tony/Brian
I've been using Rejex for about a year & just ordered 2 bottles from the ad special as gifts for friends. Like Dave, I also apply it w/my PC orbital (grey/black pad) & use very little (think dime sized dab) since it spreads really far. I remove it by hand & it is actually easier to remove than Zaino. If you slop it on you'll both waste product & have difficulty removing it. Try it on the glass & plastic as well as the paint.

Rejex has no fillers or cleaning agents, so your paint needs to be in good shape for maximum benefit.

I use WheelWax on the wheels since it is an excellent cleaner & always removes "invisible" dirt missed in my normal washing. It's also great for removing rubber trails after track days.

Many threads on both products in the archives.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Lagavulin
Three Wheelin'

As Dudley states, the trick is to apply it so lightly that you can barely tell you've applied it at all, and then let it dry thoroughly. Once dry (..one should barely notice a haze due to the light application), buffing it off is SO easy, and the results are simply outstanding.

An excellent product for sure!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:19 PM
gjtrek
Instructor

I'll also way in on this product. I have used Rejex for about one year and find that one really only needs a small amount of product then spread it thin. I next remove the larger areas, hood, top, doors, rear fneders etc. by hand with fluffy cotton towel and then use my Porter cable as Dudley does for the final touch. If this is first experience with Rejex, perhaps too liberal an application is the reason for difficult removal.

This is really good stuff, use it also on the wheels. Gary
Old 02-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

No problems with removal of Rejex applied by hand.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:20 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar964
..., let dry 20 minutes, and then tried removing it...
This may be the reason. It's been a while since I waxed my car but I thought you were supposed to wipe it off almost immediately.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

hey pcar964
thanks for the post. just an fyi, you can always call me anytime you have a question, especially if things aren't working as you expect.

reqarding the difficulty to remove RejeX, since i wasn't there i can't draw any conclusions, but i can offer an idea to what may have happened,,,

the #1 reason why folks say they find RejeX hard to remove is due to applying it way too thick. RejeX works with a very thin application, so thin that some people have trouble seeing where they've applied it. the method i use is to use a buffer with a clean microfiber bonnet. the best application is so thin that anything sliding against the surface will remove it. it requires virtually no effort at all to remove.

other reasons for removal difficulty are (these don't apply to your case but i'll present them for the benefit of others)...

didn't shake the bottle,
the product is beyond its shelf life of 3 years,
the surface wasn't clean,
the product was left on too long before wiping it off,
the surface was too hot,
your applicator had something in/on it, such as residual laundry soap, bleach, fabric softener, etc. it's also possible that other residual car care products may cause interference (a wide array of variables, i know).

please give me call anytime you have a question. i'm always around and happy to answer the phone. i took a call in the middle of the night last week.

thanks,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-1192
Old 02-06-2006, 09:25 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, apparently using an orbital buffer to apply the Rejex makes it easier to remove? I was using only a modest amount, applied as evenly as I could by hand. It was just as difficult to remove from the rear decklid (paint is literally perfect) as it was from the front bumper (badly pitted paint).

I'm still happy with the shine, it looks great - as good as a high quality carnauba wax. If it lasts more than 2 months, I'd say it's worth it. Even though it was a serious PITA to use.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:42 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by x-autoproducts
hey pcar964
thanks for the post. just an fyi, you can always call me anytime you have a question, especially if things aren't working as you expect.

reqarding the difficulty to remove RejeX, since i wasn't there i can't draw any conclusions, but i can offer an idea to what may have happened,,,

the #1 reason why folks say they find RejeX hard to remove is due to applying it way too thick. RejeX works with a very thin application, so thin that some people have trouble seeing where they've applied it. the method i use is to use a buffer with a clean microfiber bonnet. the best application is so thin that anything sliding against the surface will remove it. it requires virtually no effort at all to remove.

other reasons for removal difficulty are (these don't apply to your case but i'll present them for the benefit of others)...

didn't shake the bottle,
the product is beyond its shelf life of 3 years,
the surface wasn't clean,
the product was left on too long before wiping it off,
the surface was too hot,
your applicator had something in/on it, such as residual laundry soap, bleach, fabric softener, etc. it's also possible that other residual car care products may cause interference (a wide array of variables, i know).

please give me call anytime you have a question. i'm always around and happy to answer the phone. i took a call in the middle of the night last week.

thanks,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-1192

Barry, thanks for the info. I was using a modest amount of Rejex, but I guess "modest" can be ambiguous. It sounds like Rejex requires an even more modest amount than I used. The included directions were extremely vague!

By the way, I just ordered a bottle for my dad, he just got a new car and he lives in Michigan (lots of road salt, grime, etc). I figure at this price, it's a hell of a good deal if it lasts even half as long as advertized. I'm pleased with X-Auto Products, my order was recieved within a week using the cheapest shipping option.

But my arm still hurts
Old 02-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 391 Posts

Not my experience either. We have all had wax that was hell to remove, Rejex was just the opposite.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:01 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

pcar964
thank you very much for ordering another RejeX. i promise that your first experience was an anomoly. if you have ANY issues in the future, please call. i'll go to great lengths to help out.

very best regards,
barry

Quick Reply: Rejex looks great - but NOT easy to remove!