Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rejex looks great - but NOT easy to remove!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:05 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by x-autoproducts
pcar964
thank you very much for ordering another RejeX. i promise that your first experience was an anomoly. if you have ANY issues in the future, please call. i'll go to great lengths to help out.

very best regards,
barry
Sounds good Barry, thanks again for the info! I read on another thread (in the 928 Forum) that you can apply a second coat after 12 hours, is this recommended?
Old 02-06-2006, 10:26 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

I also apply and remove Rejex by hand but I only let it sit for a few minutes at most. You have to do it in small sections. When I got greedy and tried to do the door and front bumper at the same time I also had trouble removing it but I've had similar problems with regular wax when I waited to long.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:31 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, very much so.
RejeX has several performance features (shine, slipperiness, water beading, resistance to contaminants, durability/longevity, etc.) and each of these will improve with a second application. however, unlike some zaino users who have 25+ coats on their car, it is not necessary to over-do it as you'll run into the law of diminshing returns at about 3 applications.
the process is,,,
apply the first application, wait until it hazes, then remove it.
wait 12 hours to cure (overnight) or if you want to apply a second application, you can apply the second, or any additional coats, after waiting only 8 hours.
the best part is you don't have to apply subsequent applications on consecutive days in order to boost the performance features. a second application that's applied anytime within a month of the first will give you great results.
i've done 2 applications within a month of each other and had over 10 months of performance.

thanks for the question.
barry
X-Auto Products
Old 02-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I've used it a few times over the last year with no problems.

Marc
Old 02-06-2006, 11:01 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

When removing wax or polish that I put on my cars, I lightly mist the spot I am going to polish/buff out. I use a tiny water bottle with 2/3 water, 1/3 alcohol. Been using this method for some time and it makes removing wax/polish a breeze.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:47 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

pcar964-

Was it very humid the day you tried it? I've experienced it is sometimes hard to remove by hand (I use a PC to apply) when the humidity is high. Seems to get sticky and very hazy. I've also noticed the MF towels I use don't do a good a job of removing this product as 100% cotton towels.

Other than these two issues, I love the stuff as it's normally very easy to apply and remove and gives an excellent shine, smoothness and durability.

... that reminds me... I need to order another bottle
Old 02-07-2006, 12:11 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

No problemo, I couldn't live without it now.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:23 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

I, too, had a lot of trouble removing it on my wifes Boxster. I tried thin and thick coats, all by hand. I never firgured out what I was doing wrong

Shine is great, and the dirt does seem to wash off much easier now.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:27 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kkim
pcar964-

Was it very humid the day you tried it? I've experienced it is sometimes hard to remove by hand (I use a PC to apply) when the humidity is high. Seems to get sticky and very hazy. I've also noticed the MF towels I use don't do a good a job of removing this product as 100% cotton towels.

Other than these two issues, I love the stuff as it's normally very easy to apply and remove and gives an excellent shine, smoothness and durability.

... that reminds me... I need to order another bottle
Hmm, I thinking we're getting somewhere now No, it wasn't really humid today (which is rare in South Fla) but I WAS using microfiber towels! Maybe that's the problem? I always use MF towels because I figure it's easier on the paint?
Old 02-07-2006, 12:32 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks for all the input guys, I'll put a second coat on tomorrow... I'll use a little less Rejex, cotton towels instead of microfiber, and remove it more quickly -- hopefully that does the trick. I'll post some photos on this thread when I'm done...
Old 02-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CarmG993
When removing wax or polish that I put on my cars, I lightly mist the spot I am going to polish/buff out. I use a tiny water bottle with 2/3 water, 1/3 alcohol. Been using this method for some time and it makes removing wax/polish a breeze.
Hate to break this to you but most professional detailers, myself included, use alcohol to REMOVE wax and polish. You are degrading the wax by doing this.

Most waxes/sealants if applied properly do not need any assistance in their removal.

Anthony
Old 02-07-2006, 10:58 AM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar964
Hmm, I thinking we're getting somewhere now No, it wasn't really humid today (which is rare in South Fla) but I WAS using microfiber towels! Maybe that's the problem? I always use MF towels because I figure it's easier on the paint?
Try using some 100% cotton baby diapers. They're thick, durable and very easy on the paint.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:10 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by epj993
Try using some 100% cotton baby diapers. They're thick, durable and very easy on the paint.
Thanks Eric, any idea where I could find those? Would Target or WalMart carry them?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:16 AM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in a hurry so I picked some up at the local Kragen Auto Parts. Not sure if you have them in Florida. Otherwise, most any big box store should have them in the disposable diaper/infant section. Wash first to soften them up and remove any lint (and skip the dryer sheet).

Quick Reply: Rejex looks great - but NOT easy to remove!