A future Porsche driver is born :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 10:52 PM
luv2ride
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andreas,

Congrats!! Funny but my wifes car is named Liesl and her old High School car a 73 Beetle was named Suzanna. (we still got the ol plate) I took the pic just for you and your new little girl. Wish you all the best. Great name!

Ryan
Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2006, 10:59 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

Congratualations! Glad to hear the dealer took care of the post delivery problems! Hope you and family are doing well!!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjconner
Wow, she is beautiful. Congrats! She will own you, I know my daughter owns me!
Congrats Andreas to you and your wife on a beautiful baby girl. You guys will have a few more months of quiet time and then the fun begins...

I will second what Patrick said above... she will OWN you and its very special... My Shayna owns me too but I don't let her know yet.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:32 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Ryan - that is hilarious!

Andreas
Old 01-30-2006, 11:53 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing better than parenthood!!!

Congratulations.

As a fellow father of a girl, in fact two girls, perhaps this will be of use to you also:
Daddy's Rules of Dating

Rule One:
If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise:

You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not in fact come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:
I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "Barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:
It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is:
"early"

Rule Six:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process than can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter:
Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to introduce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka- zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies, which features chain saws, are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:
Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind theme.

Rule Ten:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveways you should exit the car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:04 AM
SR71BLACKBIRD
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Andreas: Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. Wow, big baby girl - but that's to be expected as you're a big boy . I too have a girl and she is 8 years old and we have a blast and she loves the P car and loves being driven to school in it. You're going to have wonderful times and best wishes to you and your family.

Scott
Old 01-31-2006, 01:45 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Andreas,

Congratulations. I remember my daughter, born 20.5 years ago, and that was one of the most joyous happenings in my life.

Best keep your 993. When she is a teenager and having issues with mom, that's the best bonding 'vehicle' (literally) between Dad and Angel (Devil). Don't ask me how I knew. Sigh.....

In any case, enjoy.

CP
Old 01-31-2006, 02:28 AM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 261 Posts

Congratulations and beautiful girl! LOL, I'll be joining the club soon - we're expecting our first child, a girl, anyday now!!!

Yippee and yowza......

Old 01-31-2006, 08:46 AM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Andreas -congratulations. I have two girls and they WILL be into Porsches! There's nothing better than being a parent.

Jeff - that is priceless. I'm going to print it out and frame it for my front hallway!

Last edited by sidned; 01-31-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:29 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Congratulations on a beautiful name and a gorgeous heart breaker to be...
Nice work Folks!!..

From a Dad in France,
Marc...
Old 01-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:36 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sidned
Jeff - that is priceless. I'm going to print it out and frame it for my fron hall!

I'm going to print it out and hang it outside at the front door so any potential callers can become familiar with the RULES before ringing the doorbell.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:05 AM
joon
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! Beautiful baby. When my daughter was born 8 months ago, I was wondering if there was an extended warranty, say 18 years?
Old 01-31-2006, 10:47 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by CP
Best keep your 993.
I will have it no other way.

Andreas
Old 01-31-2006, 01:29 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Andreas!

I have 2 daughters of my own and can tell you that little girls make their Daddy's hearts sing and they're less likely, than a son would be, to take your 993 for a joyride in their teens.........lol

Quick Reply: A future Porsche driver is born :)