993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your Opinion Will Factor into Decision

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006 | 02:01 AM
c993k
Rennlist Member

I know the feeling when your mind is set on a particular color, however the real important stuff should be the first priority in your search for the perfect 993. I looked at several before falling in love with the Metallic Black, a color I never even knew existed. 993's have one thing in common, they look great in almost any color. Go try as many as you see for sale and buy the one that you don't wanna get out of!
Chris
Old 01-27-2006 | 02:02 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

If havin a silver car is that important to you, which it appears to be, I would wait. Color was not a major factor for me and I was willing to go with most combos of interior/exterior if it had "the look". I was more focussed on getting a car in the 40-60,000 mile range that had been taken care off. Luckily I found what I was looking for locally by chance even though I was looking every night on the web at the time. So don't discount that there may be one in your own back yard and may come up through some local networking. Good luck finding the one.
Old 01-27-2006 | 02:06 AM
Dr. No
Race Director

My $0.02

I missed a couple of cars in colors I really liked. Some of them looked good but had $5000 mechanical question marks. One of them I missed by a week, and kicked myself for six months for not pulling the trigger quicker. Lesson: know what you want and be prepared to act fast when you see it.

I got a car at a good price that I had high confidence was mechanically very sound. Because I didn't overpay, I had some coin to put a new suspension on, and I don't live in constant fear of a $5000 SAI CEL issue.

When I'm taking a corner, I dont' think about what color my car is. I do think about how much I like my suspension.

And I've learned that I like my color much better than I thought I would.
Old 01-27-2006 | 02:52 AM
Sean993
Instructor

I was the same way, I wanted a white with blue top cab, with 2 tone grey blue interior. Found it on autotrader in Newport beach CA , had a nearby mechanic from a dealer check it out, then had intercity ship it for $1500.00 to Tampa. It only took a couple of days to find it. Are the widebodys that hard to find?
Old 01-27-2006 | 03:06 AM
Sean993
Instructor

Out of curiousity as to how hard it is to find that particular car I did a search on autotrader.com and there are a few here is one http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...n&cardist=1517
Old 01-27-2006 | 03:09 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Van1
Gordo, was Pastel Yellow one of your five color choices or did you think outside the box on that color? I wanted silver myself, but when I saw my PY 993 I totally changed my thought. I love the color, it's different than the norm. It always gets the "hey, nice color", or "isn't that a rare color?", or "I have never seen that color", or "It looks much better than Speed Yellow" (sorry SY guys, I like SY just as well but I have heard that before).

Ironically, no pastel yellow was not one of my color choices. In order of most desires: Ocean Blue, Arena Red, Adventurine Green, Speed Yellow, Grand Prix White.
When my car was en route to the dealer, they told me it was Speed Yellow. When it arrived, it was actually Pastel. I almost walked away, but got to thinking - I've never seen a Pastel Yellow 993 so I bought it and have been loving it ever since!!

Quick Reply: Your Opinion Will Factor into Decision