Sponsored by:

Toggle Switch Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:49 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 257 Posts
Default Toggle Switch Lighting

Only the top toggle switches in the console of my C4S are lit (emergency flasher, doorlock, info). The ones on the bottom row (sunroof and spoiler) are not. Is the area over the bottom switches supposed to be lit like the top.

They were not lit when I bought the car and I can't find any confirmation in the owners manual.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you gently pry the row of switches from the console, you'll see the mini light bulb that's in there. Sounds like it's burnt out or has come loose from the holder.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:36 AM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 257 Posts

Thanks Tom. I'll remove the bottom portion and find the bulb. It was hard to tell if the bottom was ever lit or not with my black interior.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:55 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I though mine was unlit for a year or so until I pulled it out to add a switch for a garage door opener... (you are not alone)
Old 01-17-2006, 06:36 AM
SJB993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar problem on my previous 993, but in my case I had some lights out in both rows of switches. There are actually three bulbs per row (i.e. one per switch). The bulbs are soldered onto a PCB.

I looked into fixing this and came across a UK website that describes a "permanent" fix. "Permanent" because the bulbs are replaced with LEDs which will never blow. I did it, and swapped the PCBs into my current 993 when I changed cars. All lights are still working fine.

Even if you don't want to do this modification, the pictures on the website might be quite informative for you.

www.porsche964.co.uk
Click "Technical" button
Click "Electrical Repairs and Modifications"
Clisk "Centre Console Lights"

Take care,

Steve.

Quick Reply: Toggle Switch Lighting