Battery acid leak from a Diehard

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:01 PM
lenticular
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery acid leak from a Diehard

It looks as if battery acid has been leaking from my 1 year old Diehard. When I pulled the vent tube, it had a little acid in it. After I removed the battery I could see acid on the case under the vent tube hold. It left a white residue under one side of the battery that really bothers me, although so far it looks to be all on the surface.

What would cause this? The vent tube from the battery is connected to the clear tube in the car and there doesn't seem to be an obstruction in the tube as it passes through the trunk. Something blocking it further down the line?

I started out with Optima Red Tops and didn't have this problem, but found that they didn't last long at all.

Thanks,
John
Old 01-10-2006, 01:19 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Could be overcharging ... maybe that's why the Optimas didn't work out, I've never heard anything negative about an Optima before. You should have the charging system checked over.

Flush that area really well with a water and baking soda solution, rinse it carefully and repair any rust damage, it will only get worse if you let it sit.

Quick Reply: Battery acid leak from a Diehard