Sponsored by:

Holt Motorsports and a Drive-by Request

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:39 AM
Elton in SoCal
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Holt Motorsports and a Drive-by Request

After 8 months, I think (hope) I have finally found my new ride.

Does anyone have experience with Holt Motorsports, and would anyone be kind enough to do a drive-by (West Chester, PA).

I, of course would be willing to do the same for any cars here in Orange County, CA.

TIA
Old 01-04-2006, 01:06 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Holt has a great rep. Try doing a search. I can't recall very much negative about him (Tim Holt).

Good luck.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

He bought my 88 911 and was a stand up buyer in every respect. They actually bought it sight unseen! I live 2.5 hours away though and wouldn't be able to look at the car for you.

Good luck,
Steve R
Old 01-04-2006, 08:36 AM
cesar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought my 993TT from Tim this past November.

From my experience, he is an honest and trustworthy person. He told me that my car was fine and that if I wanted a PPI done, that he had no problem with it, but that he felt the car was fine. Said he wouldn't want to put a car on his floor that wasn't quality.

I had the PPI done for peace of mind and sure enough, it was outstanding. The guys at the indepent shop near Tim were really impressed with the car. They had told me that Tim's cars are usually top quality prior to the PPI and they were correct.

I would definitely recommend HOLT Motorsports!

Unfortunately, I'm 135 miles away and about 10 dollars in tolls. I wish he was next door!

However, I might consider a drive down there if a nice day pops up.

Which car are you looking at? I did look at few when I was there.

Cesar
Old 01-04-2006, 08:51 AM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to Tim when I was looking for mine and he sounded an honest and straightforward person...if a hard negotiator...he never puts his prices on his cars on the internet an this put me off a little, when I talked to him he about two cars I found his prices were a little on the high side in comparison with other similar cars.....I never went to visit though but I hear his cars are very good. Dont know if that is help or not....he is a bit far for me to do a drive by as I am about two hours away.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:55 AM
JMR
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like the others, I have only heard good things about Tim. I am 15 minutes away and would be happy to do a driveby. Just shoot me an email to johnrandolph3@comcast.net
Old 01-04-2006, 08:57 AM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Elton in SoCal
After 8 months, I think (hope) I have finally found my new ride.

Does anyone have experience with Holt Motorsports, and would anyone be kind enough to do a drive-by (West Chester, PA).

I, of course would be willing to do the same for any cars here in Orange County, CA.

TIA
I'm close enough with time on my hands, so happy to do a drive by. I also know Tim (though not particularly well) and think he's a stand up guy. Let me know what you're looking at. I can do it any day this week. best, Les
Old 01-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Elton in SoCal
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thanks all!

To Mark, Steve, cesar, and dhicks, you are confirming what I have also been able to piece together in my own research. I appreciate the posts.

To John and Les, thank you so much for your offers to drive-by. John, I have sent you an email as you were the first to reply. Les, I hope you don't mind.

For those interested, here is the link to the 993 I will verbally commit to today:

http://www.holtmotorsports.com/inven...=40&vin=321482

And no comments from the Peanut Gallery! I will replace the steering wheel with a 3 spoke.

Already have my quote from Intercity and bumperplugs and bumperettes will be ordered once the deal is final!

Thanks again!
Old 01-04-2006, 12:49 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

...And no comments from the Peanut Gallery! I will replace the steering wheel with a 3 spoke...
LoL, you'll fit in just fine around here. Look on the bright side, you should be able to sell this wood steering wheel for at least $7 or $8 on Ebay.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I’ll toss in my 2 cents for Tim also. I have known him just through the business of buying and selling Porsches for about 5 years. I also know many of the players in the used high line car business in the Philadelphia area. What I can say about Tim is that he’s one of the most honest people I have met in the business. He finds and hand picks some really nice cars. My only knock on Tim is my own foolish move of selling him my RSA in 2000, he should have told me not to sell it, just kidding. He’s a total straight shooter. I live about 15 miles from his place and I will be right around the corner on Friday if you need a look, just contact me.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Ty Smith
Instructor

I bought my 1995 993 from Tim last July.

I too think he is honest and a straight shooter.

Good luck..
Old 01-04-2006, 02:31 PM
cesar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

To Mark, Steve, cesar, and dhicks, you are confirming what I have also been able to piece together in my own research. I appreciate the posts.

To John and Les, thank you so much for your offers to drive-by. John, I have sent you an email as you were the first to reply. Les, I hope you don't mind.

For those interested, here is the link to the 993 I will verbally commit to today:

http://www.holtmotorsports.com/inven...=40&vin=321482

And no comments from the Peanut Gallery! I will replace the steering wheel with a 3 spoke.

Already have my quote from Intercity and bumperplugs and bumperettes will be ordered once the deal is final!

Thanks again!

Elton, don't forget to mention us to Tim. Who knows, I may be getting an N/A in the future and Tim is the first place I'll go and maybe he'll remember us all giving him a thumbs up and he'll cut us break on future purchases.

By the way, he said that car you're looking at really drove well. Had a lot of get up and go! It was one of the cars I checked out. I really wanted arctic silver and when I saw the interior of the arctic silver Turbo in person, I had to have it.

Good luck with the purchase!

Cesar
Old 01-04-2006, 02:42 PM
JMR
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will go on Saturday morning. 220, if you can go on Friday, do it. And Les, if you are in the neighborhood, why not swing by also. I am sure Elton would appreciate multiple opinions and why not let Tim know that this board has some influence on the 993 community.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:53 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Just been talking with a friend who bought his 1985 911 from Tim about 4-5 years ago and he has nothing but praise for Tim....He would buy from him again...thats always a good recommendation when somebody says that.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I talk with Tim on occasion to pick his brain on car values. I am happy to go over there Friday since I’ll be literally a mile away in the afternoon, but I don’t want to be one of 3 people kicking tires at his shop for the same buyer. I have seen that car before in his shop its very very nice, some people just don’t dig that color. I have also had several conversations about this place and pelican with Tim, he knows the value of his reputation here. I can’t speak for him but he’s mentioned to me in years past that he’s noted the favorable opinion people have of his business here.

Quick Reply: Holt Motorsports and a Drive-by Request