Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Paul,

Yeah, the Rennline's required drilling. It's not that big of a deal; just make sure you have very sharp drill bits (start out small to avoid bit walking) and try to avoid drilling too near the areas behind the pedal arms so that you have room to put the nuts.

It also helps to use a small level to make sure the pedals are as straight as possible. I used the level on my Miata and the pedals are not off-kilter; I didn't on the 993 and they're a bit askew. Good thing I don't spend too much time with my head in the footwell or it might bug me.

Ditto with Mark. First you have to make sure that there's room in the back for the nuts where you 're going to position the bolts. I wouldn't use self tapping screws, those will eventually either loosen their way out or strip. Second, ENSURE THAT THEY ARE STRAIGHT. Porsche's spacing of the pedals is well thought off(not for giant feet though ) so temporarily hold them in place and mark your where you're going to drill and check and double check for both lateral and up/down positions to ensure they are level with each other and staright. Good luck!
Old 01-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Sooner
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

I noticed an add in the new Pano for Rennline pedals that show you can get throttle pedal adjusters. This might be the way to go for me since I haven't figured out what style is best for me. I attached a photo from the Rennline site. Check it out!
I just ordered & installed these in my car. I did not order the throttle extension yet, though. They look great installed!

Quick Reply: aftermarket pedals