Old 01-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
I like the Rennline too - here they are in black with the adjustable gas pedal.

You can buy the dead pedal alone if you want.

Marc
Nice.

Hmmmm.....phlat black pedals!!.........
Old 01-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Heel and toe method

On a related note, I've just started trying to heel and toe with the standard pedals. I'm interested to know what method you guys who do it use - do you blip the throttle with the outside ball off your foot, or is it more with the heel towards the bottom of the throttle. I find that my foot is too narrow to have a good amount of it on the brake and reach the throttle with the outside as I roll it over. I have had more success with using my heel on the bottom of the throttle. What do you guys do? I am wondering what the best design of throttle pedal is - one with widened top section or one with widened bottom section.

thanks,
Old 01-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you will find a mix of methods to "heel-toe" operation depending on shoe size, leg angle etc. Whatever works more naturally for you is the "right" way. I use the side of my foot because with a size 14E shoe I have work at NOT hitting two pedals at a time, and I can't pivot my foot around enough to get the heel on the gas. Once you find the best way for you, it will eventually become a very natural thing that you will slip into doing on the street too.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:52 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

I have these TechArt lookalikes in my 98 cab but I prefer the Ruf lookalikes that Gert sells....seems like a good deal for the money.
Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2006, 06:12 PM
hugoc2s
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You people are so lucky with the left hand drive cars (yeah, yeah...thats how they are made, I hear you say!). Just look at the offset, cramped footwell space we have to make do with! A proper 'dead pedal' would probably extend the life of a clutch or two over here. My foot can get nowhere near it. The things we put up with to drive foreign cars on the 'correct' side of the road!
Hugh.
PS The car is an immaculate C2S, despite the current condition of the footwell! Mind you, depending on your footwear, you may have no choice but to heel-toe!

Old 01-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Default Brake pedal adjustment

Has anyone (with or without aftermarket pedals) tried adjusting the position of the brake pedal? I understand there is an adjustment possible to the "at rest" position of the pedal. For ease of heel and toe is there a rule of thumb (pun intended) on where the brake pedal should be set?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:51 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

never felt the need for aftermarket pedals, the stock ones work great Black rennlines look awesome though.... When I helped move the Champion Racing GT2 out of the truck for the Sebring 48hrs a couple years ago, I couldn't help but notice the pedals were stock
Old 01-04-2006, 08:02 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Another vote for the AJ USA pedals. I just put mine on this weekend.
chuck
Old 01-04-2006, 08:19 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a set of Carnewal pedals that have never been installed. I received them as a gift, but I'm not quite sure I want to install them (I have a rather unique interior with a wood shift handle and cell phone console. I think the race pedals will look out of place until I'm ready to put in a new shifter and possibly a new center console.) The pedals have the rubber inserts that keep your foot from sliding off.

However, I do NOT have the foot rest that is shown (the far left rest). I have the accelerator, brake, and clutch pedals.

If anyone is interested in them, I'd be willing to sell at a fair price. PM if you're interested.

You can see them here:

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p93112.htm

Old 01-04-2006, 08:57 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Vosstek track pedals. They work great. I also adjusted the brake pedal height. Easy to do, very effective.

http://www.betterbodiesmotorsport.com/trackpedals.htm
Old 01-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Paul902
Has anyone (with or without aftermarket pedals) tried adjusting the position of the brake pedal? I understand there is an adjustment possible to the "at rest" position of the pedal. For ease of heel and toe is there a rule of thumb (pun intended) on where the brake pedal should be set?
Every 911 production model made with the floor mounted pedals has adjustable pedals. You need to select the pedals that you like and have them installed. Then you need to set the pedals where they work best for you...there is no "best" location that suits all. If you get too wild with the movement of the brake pedal, you will run into problems with the brake light actuator, which can also be relocated if need be.

I would stay away from the rubber faced, or "dotted", pedals for track use. they can be very slippery when wet with race shoes.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul902
On a related note, I've just started trying to heel and toe with the standard pedals. I'm interested to know what method you guys who do it use - do you blip the throttle with the outside ball off your foot, or is it more with the heel towards the bottom of the throttle. I find that my foot is too narrow to have a good amount of it on the brake and reach the throttle with the outside as I roll it over. I have had more success with using my heel on the bottom of the throttle. What do you guys do? I am wondering what the best design of throttle pedal is - one with widened top section or one with widened bottom section.

thanks,
On my 997, I use the roll over method. It's easier with the pedal's going up, vs. down in the 993.

It's interesting, because in the 993 I can't do the rollover, but when I was on the track, I found myself "naturally" using my heel for the gas. I love it when some "instinct" comes into play.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Bull, NoSubEDU: thanks for your replies!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:35 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I simply can't heel-toe with the stock setup. I use a Wings Engineering (now defunct) pedal and love it. I'd get the Rennline adjustable if my Wings somehow broke.

For brakes and clutch, I'm perfectly happy with the stock rubber pedals. Very grippy even when damp.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:08 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

AJUSA pedals including matching AJUSA dead pedal mounted on black Rennline dead pedal.

Last edited by STLPCA; 07-23-2013 at 03:49 AM.

Quick Reply: aftermarket pedals