Sponsored by:

Welder needed-Maxflos

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 08:24 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Welder needed-Maxflos

I seem to recall reading that someone on the list took their Maxflo mufflers and adapted them to accomodate factory big oval tips. Anyone remeber who this was? Willing to ship Maxflos to whomever and pay for alteration. I MUST have the big oval look.

Thanks for any info...looking for a precision alteration fitment for a widebody with big ovals.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would be happy to help you with that. Can you please e-mail me pictures of how the muffler pipe meets the tips right now so I can give you an idea what it's involved? Please take the current muffler tip off so I can see what's being used as connection right now.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:50 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Default Maxflos

The Maxflos havent arrived yet, but here is a pic of how they attach the tips:

http://www.fabspeed.com/993undersidea.jpg

As you can see, the "tip" assemby attaches far to the rear of where a factory tip attaches. In essence, the tip has a tube welded to it and clamps on well behind the "normal" position.

All I would like is the ability to put big ovals on a Maxflo. Robin, you can call me toll free at 1-866-RED-DRUM, on my dime, if you like and we'll discuss the particulars.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Racer944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should be pretty easy as there is plenty of pipe from the muffler to the tip. You may not even have to weld as I suspect simply cutting off the Maxflow tip and then flare/bend (more like a ball joint type bend) the pipe to have a similar design as the factory muffler outlet may do the trick. You can then simply clamp on any factory tip...

You could even start with a new piece of pipe and flare both ends, but putting the proper bend in the pipe to get the right angles may be a bit more difficult as the bend on the muffler side is tight to the flare.

Cheers;
Eric
Old 01-03-2006, 07:23 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Thanks for the input.

I'm having Zots Garage here in Winter Park, FL do the fitment next week and will pass along your suggestions. And of course, I will pass along photos when the job is done.

Quick Reply: Welder needed-Maxflos