Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GHL exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005 | 06:25 PM
Reynard38
Pro

Default GHL exhaust

Attempted to install the GHL exhaust today. Everything went perfect.... until I tried to put the factory tips on. My car is a Widebody and I was going to use the factory tips. However the tips were lining up about 1" too far outboard (too wide).
After uninstalling and reinstalling the GHL's I decided that something as amiss and installed the factory sound deadeners. It was then that I noticed that while the GHL outlets were lined up perfectly in the center of the bumper holes, the factory muffler outlets were oriented towards the inside edge by at least an inch.
REVALATION!!!
While Porsche compensates for the Widebody by offsetting the tips and using the same mufflers, GHL achieves the corection with the muffler outlet and uses the same tip. We had essentially doubled the correction.
Now the good news. Brian at GHL has offered to send me a set of tips FREE.
The GHL's appear to be put together really well. My wife commented they looked like Alclad cookware (The 993 of kitchen stuff). Gotta say that their customer service is first rate too.
Oh and I did crank the car up without the tips 'cause I just had to hear it. It's got that 917-on-the-Mulsanne-straight-ripping-canvas-rasp that I love so much. Man I hated putting the factory emotion antennuators back on.
Old 12-20-2005 | 06:52 PM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Nice to hear about GOOD customer service for a change.

Quick Reply: GHL exhaust