Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wax/Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 02:27 PM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porter-Cable at Lowe's is a kit that includes the backing pad and a basic polishing pad, thus the different part number. But, the polisher is the same. The nice thing about the PC is it has bigger orbit than the palm sanders. When it comes to good tools, you really get what you pay for.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:48 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

autopia.org is a good site agreed... however, rennlist also has a detailing area and a couple resident "experts" there are always quick to reply

you cant go wrong with a high-quality product system... many will advocate different lines of products, but as long as you buy good stuff, the differences become marginal...

i am a die hard Zaino guy, as are others... some advocate Rejex instead...these are both synthetic cleaning/polishing systems. the advantage of a synthetic is that they are very very durable, easy to use, and can be layered and layered on top each other. the bad news with a synthetic is that they dont produce "quite" as deep of shine as the naturals (carnuba).

as i said, cant go wrong either way. if it were me, i would either go pretty exclusive with Zaino, or go natural route, in which case brands like Einszette (sp), Klasse, PS21, etc. all do a great job

Quick Reply: Wax/Detailing