Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAS Rollbar and 3pt OEM Belts???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 01:04 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default DAS Rollbar and 3pt OEM Belts???

I understand a bunch of you have been able to use your DAS Rollbar with your 3pt OEM belts.

I was curious to know how you guys got it to work? Could you take some pictures of the rollbar where it connects near the oem retractor???

The bottom mounting plate on my das bar covers the mounting brackets for the retractors. Without fully being able to mount the retractors flush to the body, I'm being told that I the 3pts won't work. (ie they'll retract but won't release)

??
Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 PM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

The key to mounting them is to get the retractor perfectly upright ( i think). With the stock setup normally there is an alignment pin to get the retractor in the proper position for it to work. With the roll bar you have to do it by eye. I am not sure who told you the 3 pts wont work because I used mine, just bolt the retractors on with the mounting bracket for the rear portion of the rollbar.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:13 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

The 3-pts most definitely do work. I never had any issues at all in installing my bar (at least with respect to the 3-pt belts) so I'm having a hard time imagining what the problem could be. I just followed the instructions here:
http://www.dassport.com/CDOC.964-993.pdf
Old 12-13-2005, 03:57 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys for the heads up. I'll deliver the instructions and see what the deal is.

I know it had to do with the alignment pin. I saw it, there was no way we were going to get the retractor on with the rollbar because the pin was not accessible. We'll check it out again.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:15 PM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

how easy is the bar to take in and out? (assuming i leave the monting plates installed under the trim panels) I need to use the back seat for my kids, but need the bar for D/Es and such and dont want to go through a major install everytime.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:28 PM
jnnking
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The in and out is a piece of cake, if you own a cab! Maybe 15-20 minutes.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Lots of people pull the bar out after track events, but it's not something I would want to do on a regular basis. I needed to have three hands to balance the cross bar, seatbelt bolt and other hardware. Also, depending on how well the rear legs fit (how close it is to the original jig and how tight are the tolerances of your car), you may have to use a bottle jack to spread the legs or some ratcheting straps to pull the legs together to fit the rearward mounting points. If you're a very lucky person, you have three hands and your bar and car were a fit made in heaven.

Quick Reply: DAS Rollbar and 3pt OEM Belts???