993 Forum 1995-1998

#&*@!~!!! Rock Chips!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 01:38 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sooner
I agree w/ the idea of the Invisi-shield, but you have to let the paint cure for 30 days first. I haven't even gotten there yet. I'll end up using a bit of touch up paint & just living with the chips. Just frustrating!
The bumper is pretty easy to remove...if you still have your old one put it back on and let your new bumper cure in your backyard for a few weeks.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Sooner
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for all the support guys. The new bumper was the result of an accident, so putting the old one on isn't an option. I'll just live with it & use the touch up paint. The car get's driven everyday, so I guess the chips will happen.

I suppose the rock chips are a fact of life with a car like the 993. Bottom line is I bought the car to drive, and love every minute of it. Besides, you can't see the chips from behind the wheel!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:31 PM
911CabSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had bad luck with bras too.. Had to buff out scratches over the top of the left fender where the bra seam was.. Have not used it since... Did put the invinca shield on the rear fenders which look almost invisible.. Almost... A buddy thought he saw a "scratch" there, but it was just the top edge of the invinca shield material.. I agree, no real solution...
Old 12-05-2005, 04:44 PM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...A buddy thought he saw a "scratch" there, but it was just the top edge of the invinca shield material.. I agree, no real solution...
My wife thought the same thing when the light hit the car just right. Wouldn't it be great if someone could invent so sort of clear powder coat and make the paint bullet-proof - or at least stone chip proof. Sorry, just dreaming

Quick Reply: #&*@!~!!! Rock Chips!