Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up...Lotsa pics!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 08:36 PM
GeezC4S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pegasis0066
George,

Excuse my ignorance for this question, but why did the leather have to come from Porsche? Doesn't Recaro have the same quality of leather and/or wouldn't the color match? Also is the back of the seat a hard back plastic shell like the OEM sports seats and, if so, could they be painted?

Also, I am 6'5" and wear 46/48 size suits. Do you think the side bolsters near the top of the seat be too narrow for me? Are there any locations in the US where you can see these seats in person?Rob
Rob,

Because I wanted the leather to match (i.e. cashmere beige) Recaro had to get the leather from Porsche Germany. I'm sure they (Recaro) could have given me a quality leather in something close, but for the $, I wanted a 99.9% match..

Yes, the backs are the hard black plastic (i.e. OEM sport seats). Not sure if they could be painted. I guess if you can "paint" the OEM sport seat back, then you can paint these.

The seats are fairly wide. Much more, then say, GT3's... I'm a little shy of 6' and about 230lbs, (post thanksgiving and all ), and I have no issues. I'm sure there are some authorized Recaro dealers somewhere within "Bengal Country" if so, call 'um first and see if they have the Sport (without the electric seat height/tilt and comfort package) or the Sport Topline (with all the electrical ammenities.

BTW- I just returned from Cincy for the Thanksgiving holiday. I saw all "four seasons" in the first five days of my trip. Buuuuuurrrrrr, it was cold.....
Old 12-02-2005, 08:42 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

as many have already said, stunning car... its always cool to see when someone pays this much attention to their car, regardless of what it is...

also echoing earlier comments, i personally think white is THE best color for a Porsche...looks awesome
Old 12-02-2005, 08:45 PM
GeezC4S
Racer

Originally Posted by Coleman
what it up with the grey rubber rings around the gauge bases? Is it a mod, or are they getting that white hard texture?

Other then that... (can I have your seats??) ;-)

Coleman-
Hey Coleman,

I think you're talking about the aluminum gauge rings that were offer here in a GB during the summer. The best $20 dollar mod other than the PORSCHE decal on the spoiler wall.

And, "No" you cannot have my seats
Old 12-02-2005, 08:54 PM
GeezC4S
Racer

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
as many have already said, stunning car... its always cool to see when someone pays this much attention to their car, regardless of what it is...

also echoing earlier comments, i personally think white is THE best color for a Porsche...looks awesome
Again, Thanks for the kind words Jonathan. It's been a up and down battle trying to get it the way "I like it." It's also nice to see other enthusiast appreciating the details.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:55 PM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

George, I posted before but still need to say that I think those seats are perfect. Aside from the Recaro lettering, I think think look as Porsche as they can get - maybe even better than sport seats.

Again - congrats!

I'm starting to feel some slipping on the slope...
Old 12-02-2005, 08:59 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

See George, I told you to post your car for sometime now. It is a thing of beauty and as you can see, all of these folks appreciate a well maintaned and modified car....(George is kind of shy about his car, and one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet).
Old 12-02-2005, 09:14 PM
GeezC4S
Racer

Originally Posted by viperbob
See George, I told you to post your car for sometime now. It is a thing of beauty and as you can see, all of these folks appreciate a well maintaned and modified car....(George is kind of shy about his car, and one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet).
All I can say is, WOW!!

I wasn't expecting responses like this... It's kinda overwelming... I'm just happy that there are other enthusiast who can appreciate the "energy" and "love" put into the car. I'm still just a "newbie" trying not to re-invent the wheel and the knowledge and support given here is "unmeasurable."

I'm not worthy
Old 12-02-2005, 09:19 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GeezC4S
All I can say is, WOW!!

I wasn't expecting responses like this... It's kinda overwelming... I'm just happy that there are other enthusiast who can appreciate the "energy" and "love" put into the car. I'm still just a "newbie" trying not to re-invent the wheel and the knowledge and support given here is "unmeasurable."

I'm not worthy
ok, let me bring you back down to earth....

get some brand new plush Lloyds mats with embroidered Porsche script that are worthy to match that beautiful car of yours with the Recaro-Porsche-leather-to-match seats... those mats you have now pretty black...
Old 12-02-2005, 10:26 PM
GeezC4S
Racer

get some brand new plush Lloyds mats with embroidered Porsche script that are worthy to match that beautiful car of yours with the Recaro-Porsche-leather-to-match seats... those mats you have now pretty black...
Thanks Jonathan..I guess brilliant minds do think alike...I bought new plush Lloyd mats in August just haven't put them in due to the winter weather. And you hit the nail on the head in that they do have the embroidered Porsche script.

I see that the photo makes the old ones look extremely dirty, but they're not that bad....Yet......
Old 12-02-2005, 10:41 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GeezC4S
Thanks Jonathan..I guess brilliant minds do think alike...I bought new plush Lloyd mats in August just haven't put them in due to the winter weather. And you hit the nail on the head in that they do have the embroidered Porsche script.

I see that the photo makes the old ones look extremely dirty, but they're not that bad....Yet......
was just giving you a hard time...
Old 12-02-2005, 11:15 PM
GeezC4S
Racer

was just giving you a hard time...
Understandable!

I don't wanna come off as some sorta snob....

Have a great weekend Jonathan
Old 12-02-2005, 11:30 PM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

George, that is what I want to move up to. I have a white 92 C2. Love to see that car in person some day. I grew up in Walnut Creek and now live in San jose.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:59 AM
96C4S
Burning Brakes

Gee fantastic job wouldnt change a thing.

Quick Reply: Help! I've fallen and I can't get up...Lotsa pics!