Sponsored by:

Iggee seat covers review

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Sonic dB
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Iggee seat covers review

I bought a set of "beige" seat covers for my 993... as they are featured on Ebay. Cost was $179. The company is in Huntington Beach and the lady who answers the phone is very pleasant to deal with. Took them one day to ship them up to me in LA.

The quality of construction and materials is excellent...very rugged, well stitched with an extra layer of padding underneath. I feel that these would last a very long time and cover the seats of a car keeping the original leather in good condition.

The covers are 2 pieces per seat. The look good....but are not close to the original pattern of the 993 seats, in terms of the stitching areas and there is no simulated preferated leather patterns.

The problem: They are the wrong color! The beige in these Iggee covers have a "green hue" to them. My 993 beige leather seats have a more "yellow hue"... The Iggee covers just do not match the rest of the interior.

This is similar if you go to Macy's and look for "kacky" pants. There are many shades of "Kackys"...some with green hue, some with lighter yellow hue etc.

For that reason, I have to return them. I may exchange them for the black ones with the beige center insert...but I dont know. I really like the contrast of having beige against black in my cab.... green beige doesnt cut it.

Other than that...they are impressive seat covers and would be great for someone with a black leather interior on a 993.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-18-2005, 02:48 AM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they makes these for the sports seats?
Old 11-19-2005, 05:15 AM
Sonic dB
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dennis, I happened to send them an email because I may exchange these for black sport seat covers for my Carrera....they wrote back

"We do make your sport seat covers.
However, it needs to be ordered. It takes 7-15 business days to make
them."
Old 11-19-2005, 12:22 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would skip the beige inserts and just go with all black covers....a number of guys here (incl me) w/ beige interiors have swapped in black seats and other bits for a two tone interior (you can DIY re-cover a fair number of interior pieces w/ black leather for a not obscene amount) . Also keep in mind that the current shade of your seats probably differs quite a bit from the original shade because of exposure to UV rays.

Quick Reply: Iggee seat covers review