Sponsored by:

Fix Rust Under Rubber on Rear Side Windows

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 03:46 AM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fix Rust Under Rubber on Rear Side Windows

Many 993's suffer from little bumps that appear from under the rubber that surounds the bottom of the rear side windows. It's caused by moisture trapped between the rubber and the body frame after washing. Here's a cure and a stop to the rust before it ends up in an expensive paint job. The product is called Corrosion Pro. It's made by a company called Lubrimatic. It's an industrial marine water resistant spray grease. It's developed for severe operating conditions like salt water. All you need to do is slip a thin knife between the rubber seal and the window frame and scrape the rust bumps out. Then start from the front with the knife and the small nozzle of the Corrosion Pro spray can and spray the grease in from the front to the back edge. This is a preventive maintainance tip even if you don't have a problem yet. Chris
Old 09-29-2014, 02:50 PM
chipmunk13
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rust under windows rubbers

I know this is a very old post but I wondered whether anyone knows where I can buy some Corrosion Pro from? or an alternative product that will do the same job? I have two small bubbles of rust under the drivers window rubber on my Boxster 968 and would prefer not to have to strip down the entire door to fix it. This seems like a good solution - not sure if anyone has any experience with trying it and whether it works in the longer term?
Old 09-29-2014, 04:00 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,528 Likes on 1,079 Posts

It is probably just spray white grease one can get from any automotive or marine supply store. You can probably look up the MSDS sheet on the internet and know exactly what it is. Any greas or oil is rust resistant as oil and water do not mix so grease tends to displace moisture, no super secret thing here.

Quick Reply: Fix Rust Under Rubber on Rear Side Windows