will the lady fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 05:29 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason R
CP,

Thanks, that's great information. Another question for you. . . do you have sliders for your recaro's? I've read in other threads that they raise the seat a bit.

I'm also around your height, so it's good to hear that you were able to get them to fit right.

Jason
Jason,

The Recaros in my car came with sliders. BTW, this thread may be helpful to you as well.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/104279-recaro-manual-seats-can-they-be-raised.html

Especially this: "After posting, I went to Google for a search, and this is what I found.

A place called On Track Performance Solutions (Recaro retailer) has an after-market steel bracket made for my A-8 seats. It has three bolt holes for up to 2" of height adjustments. The brackets go for $116 per seat."

Good luck.

CP
Old 10-20-2005, 09:39 AM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason R
Mike, sorry to invade your thread, but hopefully you've learned something that might help you/your wife.
no worries mate. lots of good information here. the 911 in general pisses the wife off- so it's best to research every angle of new mods she'll notice when driving it. as much as i'd love to have the shell, the more adjustable recaro speed is less likely to induce rioting.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:47 PM
zwoobah
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Recaro SRDs in my old GTI (predecessor to the new Speed), and an SPG in the 993. The SRDs were much much more comfortable, 6hr road trips felt like nothing in those seats and I regret selling them with the car. However, they are bottom-mounted and do sit quite a bit higher than the side-mount SPG. My dad and I co-drive the 993, and he's 6'2" and would not have fit in the car without a side-mount seat. As it is, we don't have the SPG mounted on sliders and he's still a tight fit with a helmet on. I'm 5'10" and can sit plenty close to the wheel for track days with a 2" thick orthopedic back cushion. Given that makes up for our 4" difference in height I would assume your wife wouldn't have a problem unless you're well over 6ft tall.
And while the tilt angle of the SPG is adjustable via bolts on the side mount brackets, you will not want to adjust this more than once. The install requires lots of patience and well developed fine motor skills. Good luck!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:38 AM
JohnM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Traffic53
excellent. thank you. now is the spg a seat you can be comfortable in for a daily driver?
Did 20,000+ miles/year in my SPG, loved it - but I am pretty slim (6', 32"W). I drilled an extra pair of holes in the side plates to get the angle just right for me and had a 40mm spacer on the steering wheel. If I had backache after a long day in the office 30 minutes in the car would sort it out nicely

Quick Reply: will the lady fit?