Sponsored by:

LED dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 07:05 PM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default LED dash lights

In the past I've seen several threads regarding the replacement of the instrument cluster bulbs and quite frankly it seemed a little involved. Looking through 993 Porsche listings on eBay I came across these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW

Last edited by p_carfan; 10-16-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:15 AM
MIK911
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe this ebay auction is for LED lights attached to a incandescent base, so that one can directly 'mount' these LED bulbs in your stock receptacle. (correct me if i'm wrong).
There's a guy on Pelican who had a bunch of these made in China for pre-'89 911's. He sold them for like $1.50 each. From the reaction/pics of them mounted and lit, not very many people were impressed--not much more light than stock. I bought a set, but as luck would have it, my '86 911 used a different base than what he made up.
North Hollywood Speedometer shop does a conversion that's very impressive (very bright), but the reason is they use a rows of LED's mounted at strategic sites, which provides more light than just replacing bulb for bulb.

good luck
mike
Old 10-17-2005, 09:08 AM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Mike....... The eBay seller said the bulbs are not as bright as OEM so I guess I'll decline. What was the turnaround time, how was the pricing for the Hollywood Speedo guys to do th job? Thanks Agin!

Old 10-17-2005, 09:48 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

During a recent night drive on back winding roads, I've found that I like to turn the gauge lights way down to improve visibility of the road. We use this same technique of turning down the panel/gauge lights when flying at night.

Quick Reply: LED dash lights