Sponsored by:

Rear spoiler won't go up

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Padams
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear spoiler won't go up

Coming back from a drive and I noticed the warning light come on after I came to a stop sign and then back up to speed. After pulling over to check, the spoiler will not go up. I can hear the motor but nothing moves. I did a search and it seems some folks posted to take the cover off the motor on the left hand side. My question is how do I get the spoiler up to then get to the motor cover.

Thanks.

Pat
Old 10-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

There was a good thread on this. I tried a quick search but couldn't find the one I was looking for. You don't need to get the spoiler up to remove the cover. Just open the rear decklid like you would do the check the oil. The gear/microswitch mechanism is on the left hand side. It is a long piece that runs from the top of the deck to the bottom. Just a few screws to get the cover off, IIRC. I think for some the gears have gotten jammed by stuff. For others the microswitches were the problem. The other place to look is the motor and drive cable. That is towards the top of the deck. You'll see a cable that runs from the motor to the gear area. That cable pulls out of the motor. Pull out the cable and turn it manually to see if the spoiler goes up. I guess since you said you can hear the motor it probably would go up manually, hence the motor is not the problem. Robin had a good post from a while back. Search spoiler broken.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Padams
Advanced

Thanks - found the eariler post. I hear the motor running and can see the cable spinning but the gears to not move. When I manually tweak the cable the gears go. Is that a microswitch issue??

Pat

Quick Reply: Rear spoiler won't go up