porsche becker cdr 21

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 02:51 PM
pezza
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default porsche becker cdr 21

Hi Guys,

looking for some help with the becker head unit cdr 21/210. I am putting the car back to original spec, and have purchased a used head unit. I have removed the current sony head unit, and I have found the following wire/blocks.

I have a yellow 6 pin block that I think hooks into the nokia dsp unit under the seat, has front and rear line outs and a power trigger. Am I correct that as I have this I will not find any speaker wires going up to the head unit.

I then have another block 8 pin with power, earth, switched power and power ant. Only 4 pins are used but these match what is quoted in the becker pdf manual.

Should the becker head unit lcd display light up when the unit is powered up, as the illumination pin on the head unit doesn't seem to be used. Where is the power coming from or is it auto? Everything else seems to be working except the illumination.

thanks in advance
Old 10-08-2005, 02:58 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The face does illuminate upon power up. The on button is illuminated all the time. Some of the pins are for controling the trunk mounted 6 disc CD changer. Can't help you with the pins unless I go out and pull mine. I'm willing to do it if it will help. Others may know the answer without my doing this step. Let me know.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:18 PM
pezza
Racer

Thanks for the info, lets see if I get any more suggestions. At the moment nothing lights up, need to try and rule out that the head unit isn't faulty.

regards
Old 10-08-2005, 04:05 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.beckerautosound.com/porscheconn.html

You need to wire pin #6 to a power source.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:44 AM
pezza
Racer

Am going to wire a switched power source into pin 6, as the head unit lists that as needed but the manual doesn't, oh well.

Does anyone know what the serial type socket on the front of the nokia dsp amp under the front seat is for? Looks the same type of connector as that on the becker cd autochanger?

As you may have guessed all this was originally installed in my car, but has subsequently been disconnected, so I am in the process of getting it all going.

Quick Reply: porsche becker cdr 21