Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how many miles before you sell ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 03:10 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just don't see me selling my 993 turbo. It is at RUF right now...
Old 10-10-2005, 12:15 PM
lowblow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the car and find a good independant mechanic.

mike
Old 10-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Greg Bell
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

My son thinks he'll be getting my car when I part this mortal coil.... wrong.. I'm having a Viking funeral. As long as I can afford the insurance, as long as I can bend my body to enter the 'cockpit', as long as I can hold my hands on the steering wheel fighting the inertia that's trying to put me in the back seat, as long as I have this grin from ear to ear as that cocophony growl of the flat six assaults my aural senses, as long as wherever I park my car I get a kink in my neck looking back to admire it as I walk away, as long as I sneak out just to have a look at the most beautiful curves ever put onto an automobile.... I can go on, but the short story is I feel I am one of the more fortunate people in this world to own arguably one of the best Porsche's ever made, and no, I won't be selling it.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:07 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Default why sell when you have the best!

Hi and welcome, this board is all you need to kepp you in the manner/ car to which you have become accustomed.....What do you really expect to hear from a set of like minded people....we all love our cars....I am no different and I guess neither are you or you would have sold up and moved on by now. I have had and sold a few p-cars but this one is a keeper as long as I can afford and the police dont take my license!!! I bought this car in March at just over $30K and since then I have put in new clutch and flywheel, lights, split tail(just arrived), wheels (arriving this pm according to tracking), fabspeed exhaust(arriving when paypal verify my account).....and an engine rebuild when it is needed.....this car is going nowhere without me inside......if you love your car.....and have owned from new it would be silly to sell....you will miss her and then have to pay much more to replace her.....and as for repairs, there are enough rennlisters around that for the promise of beer and a burger will help you do any job you want .... and save you a fortune into the bargin....then you will learn to love her even more!!!...Dont let my wife see this post, she is SURE I love my car and spend more on "it" than to I do her
Old 10-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

Originally Posted by Greg Bell
My son thinks he'll be getting my car when I part this mortal coil.... wrong.. I'm having a Viking funeral. As long as I can afford the insurance, as long as I can bend my body to enter the 'cockpit', as long as I can hold my hands on the steering wheel fighting the inertia that's trying to put me in the back seat, as long as I have this grin from ear to ear as that cocophony growl of the flat six assaults my aural senses, as long as wherever I park my car I get a kink in my neck looking back to admire it as I walk away, as long as I sneak out just to have a look at the most beautiful curves ever put onto an automobile.... I can go on, but the short story is I feel I am one of the more fortunate people in this world to own arguably one of the best Porsche's ever made, and no, I won't be selling it.
God willing, I just can't see ever selling this car. credit Mark in Balt.

Hear hear What he/they said or is that here here?

I'm all in for the long haul, I'm hoping to be sipping Martini's on the porch with her in the driveway until I can't drive anymore than I'll just shine it and remember the good old days.

P.S. Greg did you have to look up "cocophony"?
Old 10-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Greg Bell
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Hey Midnight,

You got me there, I knew the word but had to put it through a spell checker !!!
I've got RSR's on the beast and I won't be upgrading the stereo.... windows wide open, foot on the floor and grin ear to ear.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:16 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

How many times will you walk by it before you sell the art on your walls ... the periodic repairs on the horizon are simply opportunities for further improvement ...
Old 10-10-2005, 02:47 PM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

As with my other RL brothers and sisters....mileage won't have a bearing on when/if I sell my 993.
My economic situation and physical abilities are the factors that have a influence on my length of ownership.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Needing brakes is not at all what I would consider big money. This is about the easiest thing you can do on your car and would be a great starting point for you to jump in and learn to make ownership a lot more affordable. What do you need, pads and rotors? Not a big deal at all and not more than a few hours of work, even for a newbie. As for the CEL, I wouldn't sweat it at all. Do you have emissions inspections in IL? Keep an eye on your oil consumption. FWIW, I would not pay a dime's worth of premium for a "dealer maintained" car. Quite the contrary.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:14 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Rick is right....as he well knows I have just installed rotors and pads (including spiders) this w/e....a little more than a few hours though.....I will tell Rick in person where I made my one and only hilarious mistake!!! Anybody know how muched I saved by doing it myself????
Old 10-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Find a good mechanic,the dealer will hammer you consistently !
Old 10-12-2005, 01:34 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos4S
Sell? I don't think so . . . 120K and counting.

great shot carlo

man i love the turbo twist wheel. early in ownership was thinkn' of changin' 'em out but i don't think so. that design really compliments the lines of the 993. (((imho oc))) - sorry a bit ot.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:37 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tour18
I just don't see me selling my 993 turbo. It is at RUF right now...
(missed that...)

nothin' wrong w/ a little enhancement.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

86K? How's your clutch? Tranny? If car is still looking good and you like to drive it, keep the sucker (have 91K miles on mine and am not even close to thinking about getting rid of it).

Besides, still cheaper to fix than buy a replacement, unless you're talking about a 10 year old Honda or Subaru or some such.

Also, with these problems, what will you get for it and how long will it take for you to sell it?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:15 AM
troutrover
Advanced

Sell it to me! I am looking for a one owner that has been loved and needs a new home.

CB

Quick Reply: how many miles before you sell ??