Sponsored by:

Interior Leather Question....Need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 01:24 AM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Leather Question....Need help

Was Savannah Beige on option on 993 cars? If not, what "tan" colors were available in addition to Cashmere?

Thanks for the help!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:29 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC Savannah is a 996 color; AFAIK the only tan available for the 993 was cashmere. The carpet and leather may look different from car to car because of aging, sun fade, level of maintanence, and also because there was batch variation from the factory. Are you looking for a Savannah interior? Or are you looking to match something? If the latter, only way to get it a perfect match is to have it custom dyed.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:42 AM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

David - Thanks for the response. I've been looking for a Cashmere/aluminum/carbon brake handle for my car. One I have found is listed as Savannah I am questioning the accuracy of the listing.

Thanks again!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:47 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be frank, rather than looking for a cashmere one I think a black handle and shifter boot would look better...you can dye that black using surflex. Also, the black will last much longer since dirt wont show. I bought black cf shifter and brake from Gert and used w/my tan console...then had extra black leather lying around and DIY recover the center console in black leather. The tan/black interior is an improvement IMHO...there are a few pics of my interior on some previous threads including the "who has the best interior" thread.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:37 PM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Daivd - It does help. I looked at your interior and it is very nice. It gives me something else to consider.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:51 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Just today I put [new] 996 beige shifter boot next to [my old] 993 shifter boot and they are VERY similar in color. I mean the difference is almost unnoticebale and can be attributed to one part being worn out more than the other. Hope it helps.

Quick Reply: Interior Leather Question....Need help