Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worn through clear coat, anything I can do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 09:56 AM
GabiOsz
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Worn through clear coat, anything I can do?

I noticed that the paint has somehow been worn through the clear coat on the rear deck lid, is there anything I can do to make this look less obvlious, other that re-spraying? I hae polished it, etc.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:54 AM
dr kenneth e garchow
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

your best option is to live with it or do a shot of color and re clear. good news is that it is on a panel you can remove and take to the body shop (no over spray, dust and compound on entire car). if you remove the tail and take it apart the shop shpold not charge to much and you will be sure you get a better prep job. tell them you want the edeges finished you it cant be told it was painted
Old 10-05-2005, 12:23 PM
GabiOsz
Burning Brakes

I think that there is also a spot on the roof, I think I can live with it. I will need the bumpers done soon, I'll see how much they would charge to sure the whole thing up then.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Gabi,

I'm not sure where you are based but if you can get anywhere near Cressing in rural Essex then Clark and Carter are one option you should consider. They are very good and know the cars well. All my paintwork has come out really well with them. PM me if you want to know more.

Cheers,

David
Old 10-05-2005, 05:17 PM
GabiOsz
Burning Brakes

Caveman: Thanks may take you up on that, I need to pay for my engine re-bulid and recover some funds before I get into anything expensive again like body work.

Are there any good protecting polishes/waxes/polymers that I can use to mask it for now?

Quick Reply: Worn through clear coat, anything I can do?