Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slightly OT...Bodyshop in Boston?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 10:49 PM
zwoobah
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slightly OT...Bodyshop in Boston?

Hey guys, this one is slightly OT, but considering the high standards of everyone in here I figured this would be the place to find a good bodyshop.
Last week I flew out to Milwaukee and bought a really mint technician-owned '95 Audi S6 to use as a daily. Car was perfect, black on black, 17" BBS, all the right mods, and it was a wonderful (and quick!) drive back.
Today, my 8th day of ownership, I got rear-ended by a Wrangler with a brush bar, and a driver on his cell phone Need a new trunk, all new tails, 2" pull below the right tail light, maybe a slight pull below the trunk lid (I can't tell because the trunk won't open).
Anyone have good experiences/results with a bodyshop near Boston? I'm a bit heartbroken that the super-clean car I went 1/3 of the way across the country for is already smashed, and I definitely want it fixed to the highest standards. Thanks in advance...at least it wasn't the 993 or MG, I guess...
Old 10-02-2005, 10:55 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Dick's Auto Body in Somerville MA is probably the best ... they usually have a waiting list, though.

Vic
95 C4
Old 10-03-2005, 02:07 AM
sleddog
Instructor

Default other option outside of Boston

If you are in the Metro West area, and/or Mike's is back- logged, I have heard that this shop in Acton has a good reputation. He owns a porsche and is pretty meticulous.

good luck

Nutting's Body and Frame Co
130 Main St
Acton, MA 01720-3553
Phone: (978) 263-2200

Vehicle Makes: Acura, Jaguar, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Volvo, BMW, Mercedes

Business Types:
Auto Paint
Old 10-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a very negative experience with Nutting. Be careful with this guy.
Run, Forrest , Run!

Last edited by Dudley; 10-03-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:04 PM
zwoobah
Instructor

Thanks for the advice, I'll be calling Dick's tomorrow. I too have heard mixed reviews on Nutting's. I'm hoping that a friend-of-a-friend will have time to fix it at his shop, but nothing is for sure yet. This guy did repair work on my buddy's '02 Corvette...the only problem is that his paintwork is of much better quality and clarity than the factory chevy paint, so the "repaired" fender looks better than the rest of the car
now to find euro S6+ tails....

Quick Reply: Slightly OT...Bodyshop in Boston?