Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Any Rennlisters near/in Marina Del Ray?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 12:47 PM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters near/in Marina Del Ray?

I posted this on the TT board but thought I would put it over here as well. I have been in talks with MichaelM about his 1996 TT that he is selling. The car has basically had a new motor built and a lot of other great goodies added to it. I was hoping there might be a Rennlister that is near Marina del Ray that might be able to take a look at it. Or anyone who has seen the car after the work might be able to PM me with information.
Thanks ahead of time.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't live near Marina Del Rey, don't own a turbo (which I think would be helpful in this instance) but could check out the car if nobody else steps up. There is a shop in Marina Del Rey, don't know if they do PPIs, that is recommended by Wayne Dempsey. I spoke to the owner but have never gotten my car serviced there. The owner seems really good and down to earth. Here is the excerpt from Wayne Dempsey's book on rebuilding 911s. It is in the section for recommended rebuilders.

"Alex Wong at Precision Tech Motorsports
Precision Tech Motorsports is a Los Angeles local full service Porsche Shop that does excellent work and is reasonably priced. 310-822-4566."

Anyone use Alex's services before? Like I said, seems like a good guy.

Let me know if you want me to check out the car but like I said, I'm sure there is someone more qualified (owns a turbo) and closer who will step up.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters near/in Marina Del Ray?