Sponsored by:

ATEY Super Blue

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Schnell 911
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default ATEY Super Blue

I want to replace my stock brake fluid with Atey Super Blue. Do you have to thoroughly flush and clean all brake lines and reservoir prior to filling the system with new synthetic fluid? Is there compatibility between the old and the new. If there is a good DIY please forward link. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never heard of Atey Super Blue. Have heard of ATE Super Blue, however.

Fluid is compatible with stock fluid. When I installed it I pulled all the old fluid out of the reservoir with a turkey baster before filling with Stupid Blue (more on name change later). Then would bleed out the equivalent of this reservoir volume out the bleeder screws at each wheel, so this was a large amount of fluid - about 2 liter containers.

(Note: "Stupid Blue"? Yep - this stuff stains anything it touches. Gave up on it; now use ATE Type 200. This is Stupid Blue but without the stupid blue dye. To me works far better.)

Obviously, you haven't read any articles on this site on brake bleeding. Do an archive search for "brake bleed" and "Super Blue" and see what comes up. Should give you all the info you might need.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:04 PM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Calvo
Never heard of Atey Super Blue. Have heard of ATE Super Blue, however.

Fluid is compatible with stock fluid. When I installed it I pulled all the old fluid out of the reservoir with a turkey baster before filling with Stupid Blue (more on name change later). Then would bleed out the equivalent of this reservoir volume out the bleeder screws at each wheel, so this was a large amount of fluid - about 2 liter containers.

(Note: "Stupid Blue"? Yep - this stuff stains anything it touches. Gave up on it; now use ATE Type 200. This is Stupid Blue but without the stupid blue dye. To me works far better.)

Obviously, you haven't read any articles on this site on brake bleeding. Do an archive search for "brake bleed" and "Super Blue" and see what comes up. Should give you all the info you might need.
As always, a helpful and non-sarcastic response from Ray.

Isn't the Type 200 dyed pink?
Old 09-28-2005, 02:11 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is ATE Gold.....ATE Blue without dye or ATE with a different colour Dye????? Its certainly not liquid gold!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 02:26 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by dhicks
What is ATE Gold.....ATE Blue without dye or ATE with a different colour Dye????? Its certainly not liquid gold!!!
I think they are the same. they have the same temp ratings. If you switch back-and-forth between the two, it is easier to tell when all of the old fluid is bled out, because of the color change.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:50 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

ATE is actually pronounced Atey, so, I assume, Dannen just wrote it that way.

I use both ATE SuperBlue and ATe Gold for brake bleeding. It's nice to see that you got teh old fluid out by the changed color of new fluid coming out.

As far as performance, my autocross and street cars all currently run on ATE Super Blue, so it works for me.

Quick Reply: ATEY Super Blue