Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Buying 96 out of state in TX - autocheck showed emissions failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 01:30 AM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Threats, eh? What's next, “my dad can beat up your dad”? Who has the nasty disposition here, Sonic? You’re one angry fella. I never threatened you or inferred you were stupid. I suggested that your attitude stinks and you prove it’s true with every post you write. If you think I baited you, you are wrong… I’ve never picked a fight with anyone on this forum. I questioned your tactics based on the information you posted and you blew a fuse. If you had the impression that I was making light of your situation at any time, again you are wrong… it was not my intention.

And me a jackass? Somebody better look in the mirror, me thinks… what with your rambling diatribes and personal attacks. Might be time for some anger management, dude. And by the way, the people I face in the real world are just fine, so don’t you go worrying about them, k?

I couldn’t care less about your “classic” Carrera… I’ve owned two and know what they’re all about. My 993 is more a machine than either of my previous p-cars, but you’re right, that’s my opinion and you’re entitled to yours. Maybe you’re right that you should do what you suggested and take your toys and go home… you looked at a bunch in the LA area and they were “all crap” or the guy selling it on Rennlist was a “freak” or you shouldn’t have to pay $45k for a car that’s in good shape. Blah, blah, blah… maybe you’re the one with the issues, Sonic, not me or everyone else.

The fact that I remembered and then confirmed that you have very recently asked this forum’s opinion about pricing on another car is very relevant to my point… you revel in the benefits afforded you by this forum and then question the value of membership in it (“benefits seemed minimal” were your exact words).

My biggest mistake was getting tangled up in all of this in the first place, which I feel bad about and apologize to other folks who’ve had to read this ugliness. Let’s just leave this one where it is and move on. And any more threats will likely get you banned from this board and your membership revoked… oh yeah, the latter doesn’t really apply to you does it?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:54 AM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ca993twin
SonicDB,

I am sorry that this thread has turned so ugly, but you really stepped over the line with your offer to "meet" with TrojanMan. Its in indication of a "bully" mentality, which does tend to show in your posts. Please give this thread a rest. I'm really disappointed. We can discuss and argue "using our words", but threatening to use fists is just plain juvenile. And... I don't even know TrojanMan and I'm a UCLA fan!
Hey Steve... as indicated above, I apologize to you and everyone else who got stained by this "thread turned ugly". I appreciate that you stepped up and called out Sonic, though... classy move for a Bruin.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Sonic dB
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trojanman...there really is no need to respond to you further. I offered to take it off line as a means to avoid cluttering up this forum, but you and the other person do not understand the value of that gesture. Based on what you said here, you are obviously an overagressive, angry and classless individual. It is extremely humourous how you NOW are attempting to take the moral high-road and act as if you are a saint who did nothing to provoke this. This self-sanctimonious attitude speaks more towards your flawed personality than anything else that you have written here. Go ahead and post something else so that you can get the satisfaction of "the last word".

Getting back on topic: The shop that did the PPI told me that they fired the mechanic. Sam of Protechnik says that the mechanic admitted to barely looking at the car and not even taking it for a test drive. The whole PPI was a sham. I totally credit Sam for stepping up and admitting that the thing was flawed. Surely they will do better in the future.

Last edited by Sonic dB; 10-04-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Michael_Philippi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LAST WORD
Old 10-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

At this point, you two are only embarrassing yourselves. Hush, or take it offline, for your own sakes.

Old 10-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

This thread has gotten totally out of control. Sonic, you were pissed about being hosed on your deal and rightly so. You came here to vent, as many have before you. RLers, in their typical fashion, offered suggestions and even help. Sometimes that comes in harsh form. Let's face it, this board is composed of lots of individuals, each who is different from the other. The important thing is I, and others on this board, would gladly go check out a car for you or any other person who needed help and asked for it. You may not want to take that offer but believe me, it has been done many times here. This truly can be a pay-it-forward type place and tyipcally is. Nobody ever suggested that a RL drive by should be substituted for your own look at the car, PPI, negotiation, but it could at least save you the trouble of a trip for a car that is a piece of crap.

I've read through the thread and most of the posts following your fiasco were positive. The thread really started the downhill slide was when you made this comment:

"So...are you saying that if I "join Rennlist" then it will be OK to rely on the honor of fellow Rennlisters to check cars out for me? Is this a perk of joining the club?

Im not a lurker and have posted here for a couple years, as I own a 911...however the benefits of joining the club seemed minimal.

If the owners of the site want a $20 donation than I will be happy to send that..."

Like I said, you were pissed and were venting. Fine. As I and others posted following this comment, you do not need to be a member to ask for a favor. You do not need to be a member to have extra parts sent to you for free as has happened here. You do not need to be a member to take advantage of group guys, group installs, canyon runs, rumbles, technical advice, money-saving DIY help, money saving purchase advice, racing advice, and cameraderie. You don't need to be a member for any of that. I do think that folks here find it easier to go out of their way to help a fellow member though. It's true nobody stepped up to volunteer to look at the car for you way back when. If you would've asked, I guarantee someone would've stepped up. It has happened many times. I've done it a few times myself.

I think the thread went downhill because your response about the "perks of joining the club" was viewed as a slap in the face to those who were trying to help and offered to help look at cars. Take a bit of time (everybody) and cool down. Sonic, read through the thread and see if what I'm saying doesn't hit home. Try not to bite the hand that is trying to help you.

This thread is depressing to read. Let's just all agree to let it die. How about that? Let's not wait for John D. to shut it down for us.

Quick Reply: Buying 96 out of state in TX - autocheck showed emissions failure