Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techart Brake cooling kit... Whats included?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Racer944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techart Brake cooling kit... Whats included?

Hi Everyone;

Has anybody actually purchased this kit from Techart? If so, can you describe what exactly comes in the kit? Distributors have been less than helpful and given the price I can't believe I'm actually giving this any thought......

In the end, I really like the look of the more integrated fog light design... If I could get just the actual ducts/lights, I can make the rest of the pieces fairily inexpensively but it only sells as a kit. I guess I'm trying to see if the whole thing can actually justify the cost or not...

Eric
Old 09-07-2005, 01:15 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Very little in the kit. Light / air scoop assembly, and a hose that does little for actually cooling the brakes. It pushes ait into the wheel well and that is about it. They are also a pain to install. I prefer the Turbo S ducts and just leave them open so that the scoop is feeding more air into the oil cooler at the high pressure zone of the bumper. They work even better if you then also have a RUF Aux oil cooler.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I agree with Bob. I installed them on my first 993 and did the Turbo S ducts on the second one. You can improve upon the Techart kit if you really want to by running the hoses all the way to the rotor. You will have to figure out how to run the hose such that it doesn't get crushed when the wheel is at full lock.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:21 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I have the TechArt ones.. and they fit like crap on the standard USA Bumper... I was told they fit great on the OEM Euro front bumper but had to be sanded down and modified to fit properly on my 993...
Attached Images  
Old 09-07-2005, 02:04 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ceboyd
I have the TechArt ones.. and they fit like crap on the standard USA Bumper... I was told they fit great on the OEM Euro front bumper but had to be sanded down and modified to fit properly on my 993...
Totally agreed. They dropped right into my old euro bumper but were a pita to fit in my current 993 with USA standard bumper cover. Plus the mounting points are screwy too.

Agreed with above; the kit includes a short length of hose that terminates at the fender liner, and a plastic hose outlet that screws into the fender liner, and a plastic air deflector that screws onto the inboard fender liner. I threw all that junk on a shelf and installed some long hose running straight to the center of the rotors. This kit is way overpriced, and as noted, doesn't hardly fit. Mine still doesn't look quite perfect.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:11 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

well.. at least they serve a purpose!!!

Quick Reply: Techart Brake cooling kit... Whats included?