Sponsored by:

ANyone need this stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 11:37 AM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow ANyone need this stuff?

Hey guys...just testing the waters before I post on eBay....I have the following stull potentially for sale...how much should I post it for sale on eBay for if no one here wants it?

-18" Turbo Twist solid spoke wheels. Decent shape. A few rock chips. Paint is fine, but the clearcoat is weak in some spots. These came off of my 1996 C4S, so I imagine that they fit widebody only. 18x8.5 fronts and 18x10 rears.

-Turbo Suspension with Eibach springs. These have about 50k miles on them. Bought some RUF coilovers so that is why I am changing them out. They are in good condition. This car has never been tracked, in case that makes any difference.

Just looking for insight on the prices, and if anyone is interested please PM or email me...thanks!
ADAM
Old 09-05-2005, 12:28 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm just guessing about $500-$700 for the solid spoke wheels... you have a limited audience (wide-bodies only), and they are not the more desireable hollow spokes. By suspension, I guess you mean springs and shocks only? With 50k miles? If the shocks are not toast, then perhaps they are an aftermarket add-in? If they are stock, they really only last about half of the miles you mention. The shocks would be near valueless, and the springs are worth abot 50% of a new set.

IMHO.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:02 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

$500 to $700 for the wheels? Damn! Seems low! And for the struts, the previous owners had all of the Porsche scheduled maintaintace....so I figure that they have been replaced at some point if that is what is done when they do the maintainance. ANy isight as to a realistic number for this set up? Yes shocks and springs.
ADAM
Old 09-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bought 2 sets of solid spokes. 1 set had decent rubber, the other set had slicks mounted, and came with another set of slicks un mounted. each set cost me 500.00 .....so that gives you some idea what the rims alone would be worth.

The suspension stuff.......well I hate to be the bearer of bad news....is mostly give away. No one really wants stock suspension parts. Do you remember the reason you upgraded the suspension?...

Good luck in your pending sales.

these are only my opinions, other opinions may differ, I was in no way trying to be rude, or offensive, I was not trying to insult you, or your equipment for sale.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:29 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I second the estimate of $500 for the wheels if they are in good shape.

Shocks with 50k miles or even 25K miles you probably won't be able to give those away as they are shot by now. The springs sell brand new for about $300 or so? So maybe half of that would be fair for a used set. Also, Eibachs are not as desired or used as H&R springs so your market would be also somewhat reduced.

Just my .02 cents...
Old 09-06-2005, 08:13 AM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys. I didnt buy my RUF coilovers cuz my susp. is shot...i bought it cuz I love coilovers....and have had coilovers on all of my cars....thus I was simply not satisfied with a spring kit.
ADAM

Quick Reply: ANyone need this stuff?