Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

foot pedals.....?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 08:22 PM
lowblow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another vote here for ultimatepedals.com. I have a set including the dead pedal and really like them. Very sticky.

Mike
Old 08-28-2005, 10:02 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dpkoby
Dan or Jason,
Did you also do the AJ-USA billet dead pedal and if so did you buy both pieces ie. the billet aluminum pedal and the aluminum side plate? Are there any things to do (upgrade) "while Im in there" ? TIA
Dave
Dave
I wanted a dead pedal to both match my AJ-USA pedals & to function as a solid foot brace (vs just a foot rest). After researching, I installed a black powder coated Rennline dead pedal which fits very well & mounts quite securely. I bolted the AJ-USA billet dead pedal to the Rennline. The black Rennline blends into my black interior, although it stands out in this flash photo.

Last edited by STLPCA; 07-23-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:37 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I can't speak for 993 applications, I have a set of ultimatepedals (incl the footrest) for my S6; didn't really have many choices as applications for this car are limited. Overall I'm happy with these as they are decently priced and they can be semi customized (size, finish) and vendor was easy to work with (satisfaction or your money back).

On my 98 cab I have Techart look-a-likes, which are fine but on my other car I have pedals which are similar to the Rufs and the Ruf look-a-likes on Gert's site, and I prefer the feel of those. If I were to buy new pedals, I'd be tempted to go with Gert's pedals (great service and reasonably priced compared to Rufs).

993cab - If you mean pedals which are clamped or bolted on I do recall recently seeing pedal covers advertised in a magazine that bolt on. But IMHO I really don't think that woud be a very safe idea....drilling pedals is not a big deal as long as you have sharp bits and use a punch. And no, neither 996 or 997 pedals will fit on a 993.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:36 PM
dpkoby
Advanced

Dan,
Thanks for the info and that dead pedal setup looks like a very clean install. Did you decide that the Rennline piece fit better than the equivalent one from AJ-USA?
Dave
Old 08-28-2005, 11:54 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dpkoby
Dan,
Thanks for the info and that dead pedal setup looks like a very clean install. Did you decide that the Rennline piece fit better than the equivalent one from AJ-USA?
Dave
Yes.

BTW, FWIW I have a coupe. I recall a few cab owners posting that they had fitment problems w/the Rennline dead pedal.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:16 AM
dpkoby
Advanced

Thanks Dan I'll be ordering the AJ-USA set and give our sponsors some buisness.
Dave
Old 08-29-2005, 03:29 AM
993cab
Advanced

Thanks David. I bought some for my AMG vehicles that replaced the factory rubber pedals that was a direct replacment with no drilling or modifications. It was silver with rubber inserts. It is quite good.

Quick Reply: foot pedals.....?