Sponsored by:

Am I getting the Dealer shaft? Key Code

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 08:38 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could be that somebody clamped down on security at the dealer, or in the region, and they want to see you, your car and your documents first........and make some money for their time.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:10 AM
tam993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '96 targa. I got the key code and radio code from the dealer. No need to connect anything to the car.
Then I bought a new remote from sunset and programmed it with the key code. It's a real PIA to do.
The problem I ran into was that you need to use the key in the door to do the unlock lock thing. Otherwise you can't get the car in the mode to enter the key code. It was pretty funny, the car goes into the alarm mode without the sound. The lights were flashing etc. while I was going through all the motions.
The hand book hesitates to tell you to use the key in the door to start the sequence of events.
If you do something wrong the alarm sound starts, scared the crap out of me.... kind of like defusing a bomb. Oh yeah, don't try that under the influence.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:59 AM
bmxracer4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tam993, I used two keys(one in the door and one ready to go in the ignition and make sure to open the door during the seqeunce) and sat in the car to program my remotes. Call me silly, but it took 3 time of entering the code to get the remotes programmed.

I paid the 49.00 and got the key code. Sunset has the best parts dept I have ever dealt with. Unfortunately I will have to go up to Larsons in Tacoma when I buy my new 997.

Quick Reply: Am I getting the Dealer shaft? Key Code