Sponsored by: DashLynx

Left speaker set problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 02:17 PM
aaronutk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Left speaker set problem

I recently acquired a '97 993 C2 with 70k miles in May, after having had a '77 911S and '87 911 3.2 previously (I'm moving up by decade). Anyway, I'm having a problem with the speakers in the driver's side door. The car came with the Nokia 10 speaker HiFi system. All three speakers in the door are dead, the two in the box and the small tweeter in the door. I took the plastic speaker box out of the door, checked the large connector, but did not see anything loose or broken.

Anyone run across this before, or have any ideas on where to debug this further? I wiring diagram would be nice, if there is one out there somewhere. The head unit is a CR-210, but I haven't attempted to take it out yet.

Thanks,
Aaron

BTW, first post after lurking for a while....
Old 08-07-2005, 02:23 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Aaron:

The amp for the speakers is under the passenger seat, it's a very large connector with two rows of wires, I can't recall which is which for the speaker. If that's seated properly in its connector, my guess is you have either a blown channel on the amp or the radio itself. If the rear driver's side speaker is working, I would say that points to the amp. The connection from the radio to the amp under the seat is a DIN plug, I think.

Vic
95 C4
Old 08-07-2005, 02:32 PM
aaronutk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rear left speaker is working, just the driver's door is out. I'll go check out the amp...... Thanks.

Quick Reply: Left speaker set problem