Sponsored by:

Remove headlight washer nozzles???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 12:03 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KKim - I believe they are. I am actually planning on selling the whole thing as a kit.

Cheers,
Andy
Old 08-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Off with their heads??? Think its been said before.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Racer944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, its possible that not having windshield wash capability (if the car was originally equipped with it) may cause it to fail a safety inspection (if your state has that). I know that in Ontario, Canada it would likely be an issue (if they caught it mind you...).

Removing the headlight washers should be no trouble other than perhaps in parts of Europe where if you have HID headlights, washers are required. In that case the car will likely fail inspection if they are removed or non functional. Just a different perspective...

It does look nice without the headlight washers... but I would leave the windshield washers intact...

Cheers;
Eric
Old 08-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I'll remove my headlight washers also.

I was thinking of welding the holes first and then with filler but as I'm afraid of rust (comes from living in a country that uses salt during the winter) I will have them do it just with filler.
Not sure what there is to rust; the headlight washers just snap into the PU and there's no metal involved.

Edited on 4 Aug. The above is wrong; I confused my cars. The 993 headlight washer jet snaps into the metal of the wing/fender which is obviously metal. As the thread has continued I've added this edit rather than deleting the error.

Last edited by Felix; 08-05-2005 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer944
FWIW, its possible that not having windshield wash capability (if the car was originally equipped with it) may cause it to fail a safety inspection (if your state has that). I know that in Ontario, Canada it would likely be an issue (if they caught it mind you...).

Removing the headlight washers should be no trouble other than perhaps in parts of Europe where if you have HID headlights, washers are required. In that case the car will likely fail inspection if they are removed or non functional. Just a different perspective...
Good point about the inspection. And in the real world I'd hate to be without the windscreen washers; all it takes is a sunny day and a bird with a good aim and you'll miss them in a hurry.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by phelix
Not sure what there is to rust; the headlight washers just snap into the PU and there's no metal involved.
I meant when you weld the holes you'll burn the galvanizing off, thus reducing the rust prevention.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:56 PM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Say NO to washer nozzles!!

They're all removed on my car.

Quick Reply: Remove headlight washer nozzles???