Sponsored by: DashLynx

XM Roady 2 DIY Install w/PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 01:49 AM
jimbone
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Roady 2 DIY Install w/PICS!

Just finished this install and thought I'd post it for others who have a roady 2 and want to install it themself. This is the one with the FM transmitter and it is not extremely fancy but very cheap. The antenna is attached on the center dash via velco, the wire is then tucked under the dash air vent along the passenger side (just loosen the screws and run the wire under), then run down the passenger door/dash junction (this part was a PIA, as you can see I eventualy used a paper clip which worked well), then under the dash there is a groove that you can tuck it in and I used small office binder clips (2) to keep it in place (this worked well as it is all hidden), then to the xm unit. The power source cord can be tucked into the crevice space on the dash with a screwdriver and then to the xm unit. The unit should be placed in the plastic holder that comes with the unit and then wedge it (gently so you don't screw up the dash material) in the space below the ashtray. Not a recommended mod for smokers but it works surprisingly well and simply wedging the unit has worked well, surviving some tight turns, bumps, and small lateral G's. A disadvantage is the scroller bar is slightly difficult to use but that's not one for me as I only use the preset buttons. Also, you do see the bundled cords behind the unit (tied up with a twistie). Hope this helps anyone else who has a roady 2 and wants to do a pretty ghetto install!
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: XM Roady 2 DIY Install w/PICS!