Sponsored by:

Making Spark Plug Wires Using Bulk Wire

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005 | 12:19 PM
campbesl
Rennlist Member

Question Making Spark Plug Wires Using Bulk Wire

Rennlisters,

It's time for a new set of plug wires on my '96 C4S and I'm loathe to pay the stealership for a new factory set. I've been doing the research and see that some here have made their own wires using Beru bulk wire. I have several questions about this DIY.

Does anyone here have experience doing this? I would really appreciate some input from an experienced 'Sparkie'.

Thanks.

Scott
Old 08-02-2005 | 12:23 PM
duc916
Instructor

You can buy a new Beru set in the porsche bag for under $400 from vertex. They come with the wire sperators and fit perfect. I just did mine along with plugs (do not pay more that $4.00 / plug) and SAI.

Dan
Old 08-02-2005 | 12:27 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

PM me for a wire source...not worth doing it yourself.

Andy
Old 08-02-2005 | 06:13 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

I installed new valve cover gaskets, caps, rotors, plugs, wires, and RoW M030 suspension last weekend. It took longer to install the ignition wires than it took to install the suspension. I would not even think about doing the job with anything other than the Beru wire set that comes with all of the wires labeled, clamps positioned, new gaskets, ends on, ... . If you value your time get the set from Vertex for $359.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:19 PM
msch
Instructor

Originally Posted by campbesl
Rennlisters,

It's time for a new set of plug wires on my '96 C4S and I'm loathe to pay the stealership for a new factory set. I've been doing the research and see that some here have made their own wires using Beru bulk wire. I have several questions about this DIY.

Does anyone here have experience doing this? I would really appreciate some input from an experienced 'Sparkie'.

Thanks.

Scott
when installing the wires, it helps if you can find someone with really small hands. Also, creativity in designing your own tools helps expediate the process.

Quick Reply: Making Spark Plug Wires Using Bulk Wire