One less C4S

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 06:08 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by infinii
But for us poor working folk who just barely afford a p-car, I couldn't imagine taking the risk.
DE(Driving Education event) is very safe environment. It's mostly when you persistently and consciously push the car to the limit, it can bite you.
My enjoyment and appreciation of the car was brought to a completely different level after DE experience. You won't understand what the sports car is about if you drive it only on the streets.

Note slick tires on that car - you won't put them on the car, unless you know what could be coming.

Element of the risk will always be there, but don't let pictures like these rob you of a thrilling experience.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:46 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You nailed it ALex! Go into a street car, put a cage and cool seat in it and all of a sudden it becomes a race car.....? Not putting the saftery equipment is probably the safest thing to do (I know, sounds crazy). If you know the car is not set up for full on attack driving....you hopefully are smart enough not to drive it at 11 10ths thereby hopefully taking most of the opportunity for that sort of misfortune to occur. As well not to sound insensative, I'm glad the driver is okay. As a racer I have had those same pictures being taken of my car....and it is humilliating to say the least. It has taught me to respect the equipment more, not drive like I'm being sponsored by Budweiser and to go out with a clear head, concentrate and bring it back with the corners intacted and all the same color.
I have no clue what caused his great misfortune, and I am in no way implying that he is not a good driver.....could have just been a set up of bad circumstances and he was in the wrong place. We should all learn from these things though.

Be safe and alert guys, ya never know what's around the bend!

Quick Reply: One less C4S