Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

'95 993 Keyless Alarm/Immobilizer Problem! Won't Shut Off!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
ThePorscheKid
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 993 Keyless Alarm/Immobilizer Problem! Won't Shut Off!

Hello to all:

This is my first post and it is one of desperation. I recently had a dead battery in my 1995 993 Cabriolet when the car was in the garage with the doors locked. I unlocked the car manually with the key to gain access to the trunk to jumpstart or charge the battery, and long story short, the alarm/immobilizer started to go off. The remotes do not deactivate the alarm and I cannot figure out what to do. I left the car alone, and after 4 minutes the alarm horn stops, I followed the instructions in the manual to unlock-lock-unlock and then follow the key sequence to reset. The problem being that the immobilizer light on the clock is not coming on at all, therefore the key sequence is useless. Please help me, I am at a complete and total loss and I really want to use my car!

Thanks in advance!

Harry
Old 07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePorscheKid
I unlocked the car manually with the key to gain access to the trunk to jumpstart or charge the battery, ...
Harry
Did you get to charge the battery? If not, disconnect it, fully charge it (or replace it if it's cooked). The alarm/immobilizer needs a strong car battery to function properly. BTW, make sure the remote battery is good.

With a fully charged car battery, make sure the doors, engine lid, & glove box are closed. Push down the trunk latch by hand to deactivate that switch. Reconnect the battery & try the remote to shut off the alarm. You should be OK.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:47 PM
ThePorscheKid
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried that . . .

Thanks Dan, I think I did all of that before. The car has a red-top Optima in it and it has a full charge, reading 12.0V on a multimeter. I'll try it again in the morning, my neighbors hate the horn this time of night, I can't figure out why!

Harry
Old 07-10-2005, 12:39 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Harry,

You might want to recheck that battery. It should read somewhere closer to 13V+ on a multimeter. 12V indicates it does not have a good enough charge or it's toast.

Quick Reply: '95 993 Keyless Alarm/Immobilizer Problem! Won't Shut Off!