Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Spoiler wall not so spoiling

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005 | 01:15 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Default Rear Spoiler wall not so spoiling

I just want to say thanks again to the group here and the man behind p-car. My rear spoiler wall finally came completely apart last week so I ordered the replacement and got it in yesterday. I had only 45 minutes to kill before heading off with the kids so I thought I would just get things taken apart and cleaned up and be ready to go in the morning to finish up. Much to my surprise I was DONE with the entire thing in 45 minutes with time to spare to show everyone in the house how nice it looked after.

I'm not sure I would have tackled the project (I certainly would not have been done so fast) without the great help here. The step by step instructions gave me the confidence of knowing exactly what was next.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 07-09-2005 | 01:26 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

A bit late for John, but the spoiler wall DIY is even easier than shown at p-car.com. No screws need to be undone, the grill does not need to be removed & no tools are needed. After you've done it once & understand how it's mounted, the wall can be replaced by hand in 10-15 min.

BTW, I've found it hellpful to spray the inside of the top mount of the new wall w/slightly soapy water to lube the push on connection.

Last edited by Dan 96C2 St.Louis; 07-13-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-09-2005 | 05:40 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis
A bit late for John, but the spoiler wall DIY is even easier than shown at p-car.com. No screws need to be undone, the grill does not need to be removed & no tools are needed. After you've done it once & understand how it's mounted, the wall can be replaced by hand in 10-15 min.

BTW, I've found it hellpful to spray the inside of the top mount of the new wall w/water to lube the push on connection.
Dan, does it just slide in and out then? Mine needs to be done as well.
Old 07-09-2005 | 05:50 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Yes after completing the DIY I can see where it's possible to do it without undoing any screws. I do think it would be way easier though at least detaching the rear screws so that the deck can pivot out of the way to get your hands down in there. Not sure my hands would fit way down in there without at least undoing those 2 bolts.
Old 07-09-2005 | 07:03 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Father of 3
Dan, does it just slide in and out then? Mine needs to be done as well.
Not quite "slide in & out." Spend a little time eyeballing the way the wall is mounted before you begin. It's really very simple & installation will become obvious if you pay a little attention as you remove the old wall. Partially extend the spolier as described at p-car.com. I had no trouble accessing necessary areas from either above or below the engine lid w/my avg sized hands.

From memory (sitting at my computer & not my car) there are 3 attachments. (1) The bottom edge is a sectioned rubber strip that just pulls off/pushes on. (2) Near the bottom of where the wall mounts to the car is a bar running from side to side to which the "U" shaped section on the backside of the wall snaps/unsnaps. (3) All across the top of the wall is a flat plastic female compression fitting which is pushed onto a mating part of the metal mounting. That's where I found soapy water used to lube the fitting to be helpful in pushing it home.

Last edited by Dan 96C2 St.Louis; 07-13-2005 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler wall not so spoiling