Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4S PPI

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005 | 07:39 PM
allang
Advanced

Default C4S PPI

The 97' C4S that I have a deposit on had a PPI done today by Powertech. Based on the following info what do consider to be a fair price for this vehicle?

1997 C4S Coupe Silver/Black 50,xxx miles
- Fikse Wheels, needs rear tires badly
- B&B Exhaust
- Bilstein Coil Over Suspension (not PSS9) with springs, not sure who's but rides tight & firm. car definitely needs to be raised for daily use and to eliminate bump steer.
- Open Air Filter set up

Now what Powertech found, aside from the rear tires they noticed that:
- right rear upper toe link is shot
- left rear lower ball joint is loose
- right lower valve cover leaks oil

Now I'm thinking that when I rasie the car up I can have the suspension components rectified. Based on this knowledge plus the fact that it does have 90% of it's service records, what is a fair price.
Old 07-07-2005 | 07:55 PM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

You probably should've negotiated price prior to the PPI, assuming a clean one. I didn't know Bilstein made a coil-over that wasn't PSS9's... maybe it's an H&R coil-over? I know they use Bilstein shocks.

Anyway, you're very light on the details so rendering a suggestion is tough... what's the condition? is it still on the original clutch? any history of CEL issues? paint's good? has it been tracked extensively?

All of these make a difference... I'd say low to mid $40s as is, probably more towards "low".
Old 07-07-2005 | 08:13 PM
allang
Advanced

Body is good straight & clean (needs a good detail), aside from minor stone chips on bumber and front of hood. As far as track use is concerned, it has been to the track but only a few times (know of previous 2 owners).

The clutch is original, Powertech says "clutch feels high but not stiff". Up to date on recalls, it drives strong for a car that is 8 years old. Oh we did notice that front of the tranny is sweating, but Powertech says that it's minor and can be rectified when the clutch is replaced.

As far as the suspension is concerned, according to Powertech they are Bilstien threaded shocks (silver color) with camber plates (at least in front where I saw them) and the springs well we have no idea who's they are or what spring rates they are. Maybe under closer examination you can tell. The swaybars have been upgraded as well.
Old 07-07-2005 | 08:32 PM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

If I had a estimate of the cost of repairs and adjustments AND they didn't add up to more than 2k, I'd agree with Jeff's numbers.
Old 07-08-2005 | 10:49 AM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

I replaced those toe arms on my car it wasn't cheap. I think the parts were around $200 per side, I DIY'ed the install and then you need an alignment. So that was $700 total. If you let them slide, your alignment will suffer and you will wear tires faster. Ask me how I know.

Quick Reply: C4S PPI