Price difference - Standard vs. RS clutch/lwf

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 11:20 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Price difference - Standard vs. RS clutch/lwf

Hey all,

If you have been following any of my recent threads, by now you know, my clutch is shot And I only have 42K on the car

I am expecting a quote soon from my tech but am wondering is someone can tell me some prices.
- If I stay with the standard OEM 993 clutch and have to also replace the Dual Mass Flywheel, what will this cost in terms of parts and labor? (and even if the DMF is OK, should I replace it anyway because they have already disassembled everything?)

- My plan, To replace with the RS clutch and Light Weight Flywheel (or RS LWF, (is that the same thing?))

So my main question is, what is the price difference between:
a) Replacing with standard clutch and dual mass flywheel
B) Replacing with RS clutch and LWF
C) If the Dual Mass is ok, and I just change the clutch, just the price of the clutch (with labor approx..) without changing the flywheel?

again, just trying to understand my options and the cost..

Thanks,
B
Old 06-30-2005, 12:42 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

If indeed you need to replace your DMF, you will be better off upgrading to the RS LWF on many fronts. Maybe others can chime-in to what their labor costs were, but IIRC, the RS LWF 'kit' is less than $1400. Let us know what you decide..
Old 06-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 925 Likes on 559 Posts

The only comparison I can give you is about $2300 for clutch alone incl. labor, v. about $1400 for RS clutch/LWF parts only without labor. My upgrade was done "while we are in there". If I were in the market, I would much prefer a car with the upgrade, having driven both back to back.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can only get a direct price answer from someone who sells them (OEM clutch vs LWF/clutch kit). However, when I did mine about 3 years ago the parts for the RS LWF/clutch were cheaper. Labor is going to be the same as pulling the transmission is required for either one.

I'm also of the opinion that if it needs to be changed, use the RS parts.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:19 AM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine done two months ago and the RS/LWF saved me a lot on parts over the DMF.....like nearly $1K......so I got two smiles...one the saving on my bank balance and the other the smile when I drove the car with the RS/LFW set up.

Quick Reply: Price difference - Standard vs. RS clutch/lwf