Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of RUF Slippery Slope...AKA Every Cloud Has A...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 07:30 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by ca993twin
CP,

Well... I'm sure you've already thought of this and rejected it but....

My body shop removed the USA bumperettes and filled the holes, and two years later it is totally undetectable. There are a few Rennlisters that have actually done this job themselves (John D. comes to mind).

To be on the safe side, I'll flat-bed mine as well. we can have our flat-beds meet in Paso Robles, drink some wine, then have then flat-bedded home. Perfect.
I did think about filling the bumperette holes. But then everyone assured me that the Euro-bumper is readily available.....Now it's a moot point.

I like the flat-bed idea. No tickets, no DUIs. I'll drink to that.

CP
Old 07-29-2005, 05:07 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey pong... for some reason blue ***** come to mind.

.................................... any pics yet???.............................. i'm dying ova' here!

also, when are you gonna' open that badboy up on a track? now that will be something... gotta' feelin' an older-guy could possibly hit his second sexual peak in that "ruf" in ____gear @ around _______rpms _______mph.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:16 AM
nman413
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pong, is your car ready? is your car ready? is your car ready? I've got time to burn on my hands for now and a new camera.

Time for some new pix of the Ruf!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:36 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah CP, give us an update, or better yet, some pics!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:58 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Hi Jauder, David,

Spoke with shop on Tuesday. She said that they are still on schedule to paint it by Friday. I'm calling again of Friday just to be sure. I also want to make sure all the goodies are installed then it's photo-time. Still won't drive it until the clear bra goes on though.

Will keep you folks posted.

CP
Old 08-03-2005, 02:01 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Pong,

We're all anxious to see the pictures and hear your report. I'm seriously thinking of clear bra for Rufus after the CTR bumpers go on. Its just so damned expensive... like the price of a respay or two.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Steve,

Who are you thinking about using for the Clear Bra? I had xpel and loved it. If you are serious maybe we can get some discounts if we do both (mine and Rufus)car a the same time. I won't be ready to install until Nov time frame.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:10 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Tony,

I'd love to find a way to get it done right, and save a few bucks. I'm worried that by November, I'll have already collected a few rock chips, however. Where or what is Expel? (Is that the product or the shop?)

See my new thread on removing the washer nozzles. Have you thought of that? What do you think?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Steve,

Not sure about "xpel", in any case... when I purchased my car I had Eric (RL Member ins Chicago) install the 3M clear bra on my car prior to driving back to CA. He was his own business and was called Xpel.

I still think we can make a deal with whom ever we decide to go to and do the install at a different time.

About removing the washer nozzles, Scott (Bradford) gave me the idea a few weeks back but it was too late for me as my car was painted 2 weeks ago.... but i would have done the same.

Quick Reply: Pics of RUF Slippery Slope...AKA Every Cloud Has A...