Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of RUF Slippery Slope...AKA Every Cloud Has A...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 02:50 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeInfo
CP, I saw that same steering wheel at the Porsche swap meet except it had Alcantara where the hand would be. I've been trying to find one. Do you have a contact a Ruf? Thanks
Mike,

Try this link:
http://www.rufautocenter.com/

Talk to Wayne.

In fact, I can choose between the all leather or the alcantara wheel. I spoke with experts and opted for the all leather one. I had the all leather one on my RUF now, and absolutely loved it. Can't mess with success.

CP
Old 06-29-2005, 05:18 PM
CP
Race Director

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm really happy and excited about how my RUF will come out at the end of the day. Even more happy that my fellow Rennlisters are thrilled and excited for me.

I'll try to reply to all PMs as soon as possible. Incidentally, the black RUF wheels are sold, to someone who really appreciates them. That means a lot to me. If for some reason the deal falls through, RListers will get first dib again before I put them up on e-Bay.

Thanks for all the kind words and support. This place is GREAAAAAAT....

CP
Old 06-29-2005, 06:05 PM
nels415
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Pong, she'll be real nice when she's all together again! Can't wait to see it.

-nelson
Old 06-30-2005, 02:26 AM
CP
Race Director

Hey Nelson,

Long time. You have been real busy? In fact, I have not seen Jauder around much as well. The tracks must be calling.

CP
Old 06-30-2005, 03:19 AM
Brad '95 C4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Scott-
Not to tempt you but there's a RS wing on Rlist classified..great price. Thanks, I know the person selling the turbo tail but I figured fewer Turbo S tails out there.

PM me your email address if you don't mind.

SJ Grand Prix sounds good....not sure yet if I can get off work Friday. Going to the Bank/West tennis match at Stanford Sat. 7/9 going to the Moto GP at Laguna. 8/19 going to Concorso Italiano in Monterey. Let me know if you are planning on either.

Cheers, Brad
Old 06-30-2005, 03:23 AM
CP
Race Director

Originally Posted by Edward
Pong,

Now there's some serious silver lining there! Good to hear that it is coming together nicely. And BTW, the tone in your post is decidely more positive. Glad to "hear" that, friend! Post pics

Edward

BTW, if your shop isn't doing anything with the bumperettes (front/rear, or both ends) may I have them?
Edward,

I'll check on the front bumperettes. I know they're out already. Hope they're not smashed. I'll keep you posted.

CP
Old 06-30-2005, 03:28 AM
CP
Race Director

Originally Posted by DJF1
One Q though..why the black center caps?
Danny,

My RUF has the gold package and the gold RUF logo does not sit well with a silver center cap. We tried replacing the current black/gold center cap on the new wheels and all the shop people think that works much better on my black/gold car. I'll have black lug nuts as well.

CP
Old 07-01-2005, 03:32 AM
nman413
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CP, unfortunately it's not the track that has been calling. I've only had 5 days this year . It's something else called work. Erk.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:38 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

CP, do you have an update on your progress? I'd love to see how those wheels look.....
Old 07-27-2005, 11:45 PM
CP
Race Director

Jeff,

If the shop keeps it's schedule, they should finish painting by this Friday. I plan to call them on Thursday and see where things stand.

I could have pictures as early as next week. I'll keep every one posted here.

BTW, I believe you have a metallic black cab? Love that color.

CP
Old 07-27-2005, 11:49 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm really looking forward to seeing your car--that thing is going to be awesome.

And, yup, my C4 Cab is metallic black. I'm planning on spending some serious detailin' time this weekend with her--claying, polishing, etc. and detailing the interior and engine (at least to get a good start on really cleaning her up). We'll see what that metallic can do.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:42 PM
CP
Race Director

Hi,

Just spoke with shop. They removed the wind-shield to prep hood areas for repaint, and the wind-shield broke. As such, I will get a new wind-shield. However, this requires one more All State visit and supplement adjustment for the added cost. They are supposed to have the paper work approved either Friday or Monday.

The car is prepped and ready for final paint. They will bake the paint twice to accelerate the curing process. Then the clear bra people will see if additional drying time is needed. They hope to have everything: paint, steering wheel, passenger air bag, exhaust tip, new wheels etc. all done by Friday 8-5-05. I will know more on Wednesday 8-3-05. I cannot wait to go visit the week of 8-8-05.

Man, this wait is getting a bit long.

CP
Old 07-28-2005, 06:48 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

CP,

I sure hope it comes out just right for you... you deserve a break. I hope we can get our two cars side by side sometime... but I know I'll find more stuff I'll need to buy.

Rufus will be off to the body shop in a couple of weeks. I have the CTR front and rear bumpers, i just got the Ruf dead pedal (to match the other pedals), and hope the a-piller fairings come in time for paint. I've discovered the reason why Ruf parts are so expensive... they're made from a special material: Rufunobtanium... so well worth the price.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:04 PM
CP
Race Director

Hi Steve,

Seems that a regular 993 Euro bumper is made from Rufunobtanium as well. That is a 6 week set-back for me.

When I know the pick up schedule of my car, I'll contact you for a get-together photo-op. Probably late summer early fall. I'll flat-bed mine to the location just to be sure it arrives in one piece.

CP
Old 07-28-2005, 07:21 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

CP,

Well... I'm sure you've already thought of this and rejected it but....

My body shop removed the USA bumperettes and filled the holes, and two years later it is totally undetectable. There are a few Rennlisters that have actually done this job themselves (John D. comes to mind).

To be on the safe side, I'll flat-bed mine as well. we can have our flat-beds meet in Paso Robles, drink some wine, then have then flat-bedded home. Perfect.

Quick Reply: Pics of RUF Slippery Slope...AKA Every Cloud Has A...