Sponsored by:

Paint discoloration under logo

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 10:30 PM
dsandfort
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint discoloration under logo

While washing the car today, the Carrera logo popped off when I snaged it with a mit. No problem, the tail of the a was broken anyhow. It took much elbow grease and WD-40 to get off the baked-on old adhesive (most of which stayed with the car). Black, hard and stubborn.

My question is, can I get rid of the leftover shadow which seems to be part of the paint now. It looks like yellowed scotch tape that is "branded" in the clear coat (I assume there is a clear coat). Can't really feel it but can see it in the right light. I tried a mild swirl remover but don't want to get too agressive. The car is a. green if that makes a difference.

I was going to run "naked" but might have to put a new logo over the discoloration. Experience?

Thanks, Del
Old 05-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I think a new logo will be in order. Sometimes discoloration can work its way into the paint and nothing short of replacing the paint or clearcoat is going to get rid of it. The Carrera logo looks great anyway, so it's not a bad thing.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:19 AM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have the same problem. I've tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it but to no avail. A re-paint is the only option. Sorry.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:27 AM
MikeAlwaysWins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Logo is inexpensive and keeps you "Original".. That was the option I selected..

Quick Reply: Paint discoloration under logo