Sponsored by:

CEL saga continues...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

You're on the right path. With any luck they will go for the top end job and put this sale to bed. If they take the car back they'll have to do it any way. I too have to comment on your demeanor and patiences. This would eat me up. Keep us posted and good luck.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:16 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goodness chuck you have been busy over the years...all those cars and a bike and 1 son and 3 daughters !!! Only teasing pls dont take offence
Old 05-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Turbec
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had similar problems with my CEL light. The fault codes have been O2 censors, air mass flow meter. Some time back my car died when I was driving but started after about 5 seconds. The CEl light was already on even though I had a recent reset at my local porsche dealer. On my return to the dealer he suggested to replace the DME relay as he said it had a tendency to throw various fault codes without giving it self away. I replaced the relay at a cost of Euro 25 and so far no CEL light. Perhaps it would be worth while for you to test this and see if it can cure your problems!
Old 05-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by dhicks
Goodness chuck you have been busy over the years...all those cars and a bike and 1 son and 3 daughters !!! Only teasing pls dont take offence
Yes I have!! The kids have aged me, the 993 has made me young and the wife has kept me sane!

Quick Reply: CEL saga continues...