Sponsored by:

Power Steering Fluid Leak!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 11:09 AM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Power Steering Fluid Leak!

I noticed a rubbing noise when backing up while turning and some leking at front end of 993. Power Steering reservoir was really low. I filled it with Leak (?) Power Steering Fluid sealer and conditioner. Have already used a couple of bottles.

I had my Porsche dealer Mechanic look at it and he thought that this hopefully will solve the problem (if not he'll change the 4 "O" Rings and settle that problem. Still leaks a little (have driven it several hundred miles - fluid is just a tad below level zone now).

Any of you had similar problems? Should I have him replace the ")" Rings anyway? I have ~75K miles on it and drive it several hundred miles a week (mostly highway miles) in the good weather (Garaged during Winter and bad weather).

TIA!
Old 05-18-2005, 11:46 AM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had to replace my steering rack a little while back. when it was all said and done i think it ran me about $1700.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:40 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I had 3 shops told me my steering rack was leaking which I didn't bother to check. 2 yrs later, I found the resevoir was low and decided to put in some Lucas oil thinking if if it gets worst i'll replace the rack anyway. 2 weeks later, I took my car in for some works at my local shop and asked them to inspect the rack also. They told me it was perfect and I still have no problem so far a year later.

Not sure if Lucas oil did anything or the original leak was just minor.

Quick Reply: Power Steering Fluid Leak!